protein in 100% orange juice?

mjlb

The label says 100% orange juice - no other ingredients. But it has protein. What is the source of the protein? I searched and searched, but found only a 1920's medical paper, and if I understood it correctly, it stated they could not find any protein in orange juice.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Proteins are present in all plants :-) It is part of their chemical make-up. So all fruits and veggies will contain protein as well. Oranges are considered a high protein fruit....they contain approx. 1 gram of protein. Juice is approx. 1.75 grams per cup.

Save     Thanked by mjlb
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjlb

How embarassing... I need to find myself a high school science textbook! I knew grains had protein, but I really didn't think fruits and vegetables had any. Thanks!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
DIY Projects 17 Ways to Decorate With Everyday Things
Characters on the new Netflix series 'Orange Is the New Black' make the most of what they have. Here's how you can too
Full Story
Before and Afters A ‘Brady Bunch’ Kitchen Overhaul for Less Than $25,000
Homeowners say goodbye to avocado-colored appliances and orange-brown cabinets and hello to a bright new way of cooking
Full Story
Houzz Tours My Houzz: Bright and Airy in Vancouver
Gallery-white walls, an open living plan and bright orange accents help this Canadian family’s home look fresh
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever