Cardio machines at my gym

bostonoak

I'm trying to lose weight. My gym only has 3 cardio machines: elliptical, treadmill and cycling.

Most people know how elliptical and treadmill machines look like. But cycling machines are a bit diverse so I'm including a photo of the type of cycling machines my gym has (see below).

When I'm on the cycling machines I never feel as though I'm losing any calories. I tend to prefer doing 20 minutes on elliptical and 20 minutes on the treadmill. But that's just me. Others may have a better idea.

Anyway, I'd love to know how I can take full advantage of the 3 cardio machines in my gym. Should I simply continue to just use the elliptical and treadmill machines?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robert

I really don't think the type of machine matters all that
much. In my own experience any of those machines works for me. If it was me I
would focus more on reduction in calorie intake.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Program the cycling machine to give you quick (10-30 sec to start) high intensity intervals with brief (10 sec) rest breaks. Use a combination of resistance and pedaling speed to get the high intensity. You will burn calories. That style of cycle is easier to use (less effort) than the traditional because you don't have to sit upright and support your torso, but they are good for people with bad backs.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping How to Clean Your Washing Machine
Cleaning your washer once a month will ensure that it stays spick-and-span along with your clothes
Full Story
Home Gyms 9 Tips to Turn Your Basement Into a Gym Powerhouse
The "It's too far" excuse goes out the window when you outfit your basement with a healthy dose of gym gear and a strong sense of style
Full Story
Home Gyms Houzz Call: Show Us Your Home Gym or Exercise Space
Whether you have a fully devoted room with all the dumbbells and whistles or a bedroom corner, we want to see how fitness fits in your house
Full Story
We are a top ranked remodeling company in North Columbus and Delaware, OH. We specialize in basements, bathrooms,... Read More