Phantom period/ovulation pains

kathsmith1904

Hi ladies. Im nearly 3 years post meno and wondering if anyone else on here is post but still gets the gripes aches pains of ovulating or a period about to start... and nothing. Have gone qiite a few months this time with none of the above but this last week the nipping pinching feeling of ovulating then the dull period type pains. Thanks in advance

SaveComment9Like
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jill Knowlden

Hello. I see this post is a month old and no one commented. I am having a similar issue. A few weeks ago, I had some cramping and spotting. I'm two and a half years post menopausal. I went to the dr and had a biopsy, pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound and all came back normal except for a couple benign ovarian cysts. Like clockwork, two weeks from when I spotted, I'm having ovulation cramps on one side. From what I have been reading, this seems to not be too unusual, especially in the first several years post menopause.

How long did your cramps last?

1 Like Save    
tonyabrooks306

This is disheartening to someone still going through it. UGH! When does it end???!!! I am so looking forward to the end of this misery. I am nearly 47. My mom is nearly 67 and had gone thru it but a few months ago she had a period and now she might have to have a full hysterectomy. *Sighs* I hope everything works out well for all of us.

1 Like Save    
kathsmith1904

Hi jill and tony sorry only got back to this. My cramps twonges can last from.couple of days on off twinge here n there to lasting a week or so than can vanish for weeks and months. Sometimes so painful would imagine all this would stop once post. Yes lets hope so tony x

1 Like Save    
kathsmith1904

Hi anyone else suffering with this and are post meno?? Thank you

Save    
Amy

Hi, I’m 20 months post menopausal and recently had ovulation type pains along with mucus discharge followed by 10 days of period pains (cramps, headache, grouchy, etc but NO blood). Went to Gyno who sent me for a TVU. My lining was 6mm, a bit thicker than it should be. At this point I started spotting minimally a pinkish color. Doctor sent me for a biopsy of my uterus. Thankfully it came back negative! I do hope this was a once and done occurrence.

Save    
kathsmith1904

Glad all was ok Amy. I still keep getting this . My anxiety goes up with it too. My FSH was 110 when last tested think it keeps rising once post menopause. Not sure if thats the cause of these pains

Save    
kittymoonbeam

I get the little cramps and twinges too years after my cycles ended. I'm going to start tracking them, see if there's a pattern. My checkups are normal. I'm not on any replacements or anything.

Save    
HU-245337433

It’s been a long time since someone posted last so i’m hoping for a response

I am 2 years post menopause and a nervous wreck. The past 7 days I have had all pms symptoms. Cramping, vaginal discharge, tender breasts and nipples, pelvic pain. Because of this, all of a sudden no hot flashes and I am sleeping again. What the heck is going on. My annual is scheduled for the 22nd of this month and I will go for my bloodwork on the 16th. Any help in resting my mind would be so helpful. Thanks in advance.

1 Like Save    
tonyabrooks306

I found a page on here last night and saw that people who have not had a period in 3 years suddenly started having them again like clockwork. It is just crazy. I hope all goes well with your exams.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/2451321/55-yrs-old-and-still-having-periods

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Find the Right Glass Door for Your Patio
It’s more than just a patio door — it’s an architectural design element. Here’s help for finding the right one for your home and lifestyle
Full Story
Life 12 Effective Strategies to Help You Sleep
End the nightmare of tossing and turning at bedtime with these tips for letting go and drifting off
Full Story
Modern Homes Houzz Tour: A Cubist Confection Oriented Toward Nature
Dramatic yet understated, a West Vancouver house defers to its woodland and ocean setting
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever