Turmeric with coffee?

catfishhoward

I recently notice at turmeric is good for your over health like for inflammation, liver, kidney, lungs, colon and helps fit cancer. I don't really want to add it to my food but I've been adding 1 tsp to my 12 cup coffee maker and it's not bad, but is all the good stuff that helps your body getting through the coffee filter? I drink about half of the coffee pot.

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bleusblue2

I don't know how you ever thought of this but I don't like the sound of it. You can make a cup of turmeric 'tea' -- 1/2 tsp turmeric in hot water. Drink that if you want something for health. Or add it to your rice -- it will be a pretty golden colour. Do things like that. Otherwise, if you really want to do put it in coffee, talk to a dietician or somebody who has the science.

1 Like Save    
Peggy Powell

I add tumeric to soups and stews even beef roast and chicken.

Save    
steiconi

At least some of the benefits should be making it through the coffee filter. You probably have to figure out if the helpful components are water- or fat-soluble. Water soluble stuff will come through the filter fine, fat-soluble might get hung up a bit.

I've had turmeric tea, and am not a fan, but it's good mixed with ginger. Fortunately, I can grow both here!

Save    
Taryn

Instead of putting it in coffee, which honestly doesn't sound very good, maybe make some turmeric tea? Here's a turmeric tea recipe for you. It's super easy.

1 Like Save    
anyahh

I am a big proponent. I drink it daily. Before I gave up coffee (now I drink green tea instead), I put a half teaspoon (along with lots of other spices) directly into my cup of coffee. Make sure to add a pinch of black pepper which increases the efficacy. It's a wonderful anti-inflammatory.

1 Like Save     Thanked by catfishhoward
krissy377

I've heard about turmeric tea...but never in coffee...not so sure about that

Save    
nancyjane_gardener

anyahh is right. It doesn't help without pepper. You have to look carefully when buying it to be sure it has the pepper added. Found this out from a spice/herb place I frequent!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Displaying Kitchen Supplies — Hot or Not?
Do some kitchens just beg for a cozy row of canisters and gear for all to see? Have a look and let us know what you think
Full Story
Kitchen Design World of Design: Favorite Recipes From Food Lovers Around the Globe
By Houzz
Travel with your tastebuds and experience for yourself these international foodies' favorite dishes
Full Story
Feel-Good Home The Question That Can Make You Love Your Home More
Change your relationship with your house for the better by focusing on the answer to something designers often ask
Full Story