Low sodium tomato / pasta sauce?

bobismyuncle

Doc says I need to lower my sodium in diet, even though I've been "low" for 35 years. Anyone know a good choice for tomato sauce and/or pasta sauce. 300mg for 1/4 cup is a bit on the high side for me, to say nothing of the ones that are 1000mg.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Make your own. I make a large batch and freeze in serving-size zip lok bags. Look for plain tomato paste or puree or just crushed tomatoes. Canned tomato sauce is way more processed, hence the added salt.

Save    
Jcd

Hi there -- was trying to find a way to contact you, but I cant find a way to contact directly via houzz. I just posted for help today on how to clean viscose blend (37 viscose, 8 poly, the rest is linen and cotton) upholstered couch which I just bought. I see you posted on this years ago. Do you have any advise on what you have found helpful? Thanks so much if you get this. I see that everyone else just says "professional dry cleaning" but the woman at store says I may be able to get away with using woolite upholstery cleaner if i test a spot first.

Save    
nerdyshopper

I get Cento tomato products with no salt added at Walmart. Several groceries offer no sodium diced tomatoes and sauce. There is a brand of great marinara sauce that is sodium free, but I will have to search the internet to find it. In the meantime make your own with diced tomatos; with onions and garlic fried in olive oil and some oregano and basil. Add a few mushrooms and hamburger and you've got it. I found it is Victoria brand and I think I found it on Amazon.com but you can google Victoria no salt added and it should show up. I did some googling and found that some Walmart stores carry

Francesco Rinaldi Traditional No Salt Added Pasta Sauce, 24 oz for 1.32 a jar. All 9 reviewers loved it.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Countertops 7 Low-Maintenance Countertops for Your Dream Kitchen
Fingerprints, stains, resealing requirements ... who needs ’em? These countertop materials look great with little effort
Full Story
Kitchen Design 7 Steps to Pantry Perfection
Learn from one homeowner’s plan to reorganize her pantry for real life
Full Story
Feel-Good Home 21 Ways to Waste Less at Home
Whether it's herbs rotting in the fridge or clothes that never get worn, most of us waste too much. Here are ways to make a change
Full Story
We believe that the transition of a house into a home is a sense of history and a piece of the future. It tells... Read More
Whispering Pine Construction will build your house to your specifications. Our residential new construction crew... Read More