What is your favorite healthy late night snack?

bostonoak

You know, that something that you have to have but won't give you a beer belly.

What do you eat to satisfy or trick your stomach into believing that it's satisfied?

SaveComment9Like1
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bostonoak

What about boiled eggs?

What about Teddie Unsalted Old Fashioned All Natural Peanut Butter (http://teddie.com/products/peanut-butter-nutrition-details/) or Whole Foods grind your own peanut butter (still trying to get the link) on Kontos Pocket-Less Pita (http://www.caloriecount.com/calories-kontos-pocketless-pita-i159840)?

1 Like Save    
kittymoonbeam

Late night snacking urges come from endocrine and metabolism imbalances.

If you want to find out how to get rid of Cravings for good read the book Mastering Leptin.

Or you can look up 5 rules of the leptin diet online. The most important thing is not to eat after dinner or 3 hours before bed. If you do the 5 rules, POOF go the cravings like magic. It really does work.

If you just are so hungry for something sweet, try fresh lemon juice in warm water and see if your craving will pass. You NEED an empty stomach when you sleep so your liver can do its work releasing stored fats and repairing tissues and giving toxins the boot. You lose all of that great stuff when you snack.

3 Likes Save    
PRO
ACCENT MASONRY LLC

Accent Masonry's

Top 10 Healthy Bedtime Snacks

1.Raw Almonds

2.Weetabix Cereal with Milk

3.Banana

4.Apple

5.Salad with Italian Dressing

6.Blueberries

7.Raw Walnuts

8.Stir Fry Plantain with Cinnamon Powder

9. Fresh Coconut

10. Broccoli lightly dashed with Butter and Pepper

1 Like Save    
Annegriet

a baked sweet potato with just a sliver (really teeny tiny sliver) of butter

2 Likes Save    
Rebecca Swets

Hey. If I feel hungry after dinner I have greek yogurt of some oranges or black tea with milk and sugar. It helps me to live till breakfast))

Save    
catfishhoward

I make my own Heart Healthy Muffins they have nuts and omega-3, I bake them in small muffin liner (golf ball size) they have 60 calories and 3.5 grams of GOOD fat, I'll eat them as a snack or when I wake up at night and have to have something.

You can create lots of different muffin recipes with different flours, oils, fruits and other ingredients to help improve your health.

Save    
bleusblue2

Could you post the recipe? thanks

Save    
catfishhoward

Here's my recipe it will make about 12 large muffins or 28 small muffins. I ran the nutritional information but it can be off some since I might have changed the recipe since I did it, I think I changed white flour to flaxseed meal and I changed the egg to egg beater so it probably has higher omega and no cholesterol.

Save    
sherwoodva

Greek yogurt - the plain kind with no sugar or additives. Sometimes I add fruit or crunchy almond butter from Trader Joe's.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Late Again? Eliminate the Things Holding You Up in the Morning
If you find yourself constantly running late for appointments, work and get-togethers, these tips could help
Full Story
Gardening Guides Backyard Birds: Healthy Home Habitats for Northern Flickers
These colorful woodpeckers found across the U.S. and Canada love berries, seeds and ants and often nest in deep burrows in trees
Full Story
Life 10 Things Night Owls Know to Be True
Love being up while the world slumbers? Prefer a really late bedtime to an early night? These observations on night owl life may ring true
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever