Lifesavers mint candy replacement

haymeadowfield

I quit smoking 8 years ago. Yeah! At that time I started up with the mint candies in place of a cig. Well I have continued with the candies cuz I like them. I need to lose 20 lbs and I want to eliminate the candies that I'm addicted to. Any suggestions? I need something that I can carry in my purse during the day. Thanks.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Sugar-free candies will usually have sorbitol, which can cause diarrhea. Unless you are eating dozens and dozens of candies a day, they shouldn't cause a big caloric increase. You can find better ways to reduce you daily calorie intake. If you are eating great quantities of these candies, then you need to deal with that bad habit straight on, and not just substitute.

Save    
haymeadowfield

They are not sugar free candies. I eat about 10 a day. I limit to no more than 13 cuz that equals about 200 calories. Now I'm thinking of eating some nuts or dried fruit instead. Sound good or not?

Save    
sushipup1

Nuts and dried fruit probably have more calories.

Save    
haymeadowfield

Good point.

Save    
sushipup1

How about cutting back on how many you eat in a day? Only put 8 in your purse for a week. Dole them out to yourself carefully. Then next week, only 6 a day. Etc. Cut out entirely, or down to only a couple a day.

Save    
Debra W

How about chewing gum instead? My favourite is called 5 Gum, as I found the flavour lasts longer than other mint varieties.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bathroom Design Tickled Pink in the Bathroom
We asked you to show us your vintage pastel bathrooms — and you responded with a tsunami of photos and comments
Full Story
Gardening Guides Garden-Friendly Native Alternatives to Overplanted Exotics
There are lots of gorgeous, wildlife-friendly native plants ready to make an appearance in your garden
Full Story
Kitchen Design 16 Scrumptious Eat-In Kitchens and What They Want You to Serve
Whether apple-pie cheerful or champagne sophisticated, these eat-in kitchens offer ideas to salivate over
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We are a top ranked remodeling company in North Columbus and Delaware, OH. We specialize in basements, bathrooms,... Read More