Wedding Gifts: Give both wedding & shower gift?

Vicki Pidgeon

We are going to my nephews wedding in Maine next week. We live in California. I have not heard of a wedding shower for them so did not have the chance to send a gift. We are planning on giving money for the wedding gift. Do I bring an additional gift as a shower gift?

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

No, you don't need to bring a shower gift. There may have been a shower, but out of town relatives are not typically invited to them.

Save    
talley_sue_nyc

if you weren't invited to the shower, you don't need to give them a shower gift.

If you DID go to a shower, you would give both, as you know.

If you wish you had been invited to the shower, you *could* give them a shower gift, but I wonder if that might make them feel bad for not inviting you--in which case, don't label it a shower gift.

But the wedding gift alone is just fine--and I bet they'll like it, LOL! it'll certainly fit w/ their decorating scheme.

Save    
susanjf_gw

no shower, no gift...in my case, i recently purchased a very expensive gift and bride realized it was a combo...and signed her thank-you card as such...

Save    
sushipup1

Another necro spam editor. Please help remove spam by flagging it.

Save    
sushipup1

( I can't edit or delete my post, but spam was removed.)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Shop Houzz Houzz Products: Great Wedding Gifts for Modern Couples
By Houzz
Give newlyweds a gift as memorable as the day itself, to have and to hold in a special place at home
See Products
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: Classic and Quirky Wedding Gifts Under $200
By Houzz
Find the perfect classic or quirky wedding gift for the newlyweds — all for under $200
See Products
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: Great Wedding Gifts for Guys
By Houzz
Give him a unique gift that shows you care and speaks to his true style
See Products