LOOKING for: where'd alba go?!

chery2

Back in the day, when I could drink something filling in place of a meal, I happened upon ALBA, a 70-calorie, high protein drink mix, cheap compared to Slim-Fast. It would fit right in with my Simply Weight Loss plan, but I can't find it! DD found some at Wal-mart and gave it to me for Christmas several years ago, but doesn't remember seeing it since. She said it was in the same area as Carnation Instant Breakfast. Has anyone seen my ALBA? chery-va

SaveComment9Like
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Terrapots

I just recently saw Alba at Safeway. As I recall it was not where the chocolate mixes were maybe by the diet foods but not sure. I used to buy Alba as a nonsugar chocolate mix, I didn't associate it with high protein and I thought it only had 50 calories but that had to be 40 years ago. Check out the low-carb mixes, they tend to be low calorie, low fat, high protein and I think cheap compared to slimfast. Of course, you have to supply yourown water. I like to mix it into yogurt; or into water with orange flavored metamucil when I think I should have more fiber. It was surprisingly good, well, not like a milk shake but better than I expected and hunger stays gone for hours. Good luck finding the Alba.

Save    
lisb

I realize the original post is really old, but maybe it will help someone anyhow. Alba shake mix can be purchased direct online at albadrinks.com I can find Vanilla and Double Chocolate at Wegmans (I live in PA).

Save    
susan_in_nc

I saw it yesterday at Kroger. In the store by me, it is on a small "endcap" placed next to where the frozen dessert/ice cream isle starts. They are several reduced sugar dessert items with it.

Susan

Save    
naymecoll

Also found your post! I still had a couple of boxes of Alba-all 3 flavors, on my shelf-for a couple of YEARS ... there was a close-out @ Albertsons in Delray Bch Fl @ that time & I bought a whole bunch @ a very low price. (They may have restocked since then, I just haven't looked).

Well - I started dieting again & began using my 2 boxes I still had left ... wanted to share with you:

1. I learned about Alba when I was in Weight Watchers in Atlanta in the '90's - it was to be used as a milk exchange & if you added milk to it that took care of the 2 milks required for the day !!! Good deal
  2. Just by happenstance when I was mixing my Alba with my malted-like mixer - 1 speed only - (I also add 1/3 c of dry milk) for 3 minutes (like making instant pudding) - it comes out like the consistency of pudding &/or whipped cream ... & tastes like a Shake from McDonald's etc

p.s. also found www.hometownfavorites.com when Google 'Alba'

Save    
naymecoll

p.s. I just found & bought Alba last nite at Publix in Delray Beach, FL
Marilyn

Save    
cheryllou

I would like to find some too. Right now, I need to find out what the carb count is on Alba. Does anyone have a package in their pantry? Thanks, Cheryl

Save    
joansmyth_verizon_net

I buy my ALBA SNACK SHAKE MIXES at Giant foods,WEST GROVE, PA. FOR MILK CHOC,AND VANILLA, HAVE GOT THE DOUBLE CHOC AT TIMES THEIR, AND HAVE ORDER A CASE(12), FROM THE VENDOR WHO BRINGS THE ALBAS TO GIANT. I ALSO HAVE PURCHASED ALBAS THRU AMAZON.COM BUT WHEN THEY STARTED CHARGING FOR SHIPPING, I LOOKED FOR A ALTERNATIVE, AND GIANT WAS THE ONE.

Save    
dbuchanan0548

Until recently have been able to purchase at Stater Brothers Corona Calif , but it has gone missing! I too was introduced through Weight Watchers, but it has become a family favorite. I prefer the vanilla because I mix it w/fruit at times ...sometimes I take banana's that have started to turn & freeze them to have on hand when I make the malts & prefer to add chocolate( protein powder or ovaltine ) of my own preference at this time along w/ice to make a great low cal shake! My family requests them for breakfast-quite filling- or for an evening dessert! Hopefully Staters will restock or will be forced to purchase on line!

Save    
pjstangeland00

Please bring this great product back so we can use it again to loose weight!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJStangeland

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Events Design Calendar: Where to Go and What to See in September
Works from a Pop Art icon, vibrant textiles, intricately crafted bamboo objects and designer dollhouses are on display this month
Full Story
Events Where Pros Go to Discover Outdoor Furniture Ideas
Casual Market Chicago: Learn about trends in outdoor furniture and accessories
Full Story
Architecture Roots of Style: Where Did Your House Get Its Look?
Explore the role of architectural fashions in current designs through 5 home styles that bridge past and present
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever