For the bread machine. No yeast.

"Tried and true", please.

Thanks,

Joe

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
darlene87

Type that in your search window, and you will get recipes. Also go to Celiac.com, where they have a lot of recipes there. I am on a special diet for the colon, thus can't use the bread, although I used to.
Darlene

Save    
calgal59

The following is from Mary Frances PickettÂs website http://www.glutenfreecookingschool.com

She has Q&A section about baking gluten free bread on her blog at that you might find helpful (e.g., get more rise by beating dough mixture for a few minutes with the paddle before adding it to the bread machine); read more at:
http://www.glutenfreecookingschool.com/archives/gluten-free-bread-tips

Really Good Sandwich Bread
1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 ½ c. water (105 degrees or a little less than hot)
2 ½ cups "Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix Recipe" (see below)
2 tsp. xanthan gum
1tsp. salt
2 eggs (or 6 Tbsp. water and 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed)
1 ½ Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1. Start by combining the yeast and sugar in a small bowl (I use the smallest in my set of three nested mixing bowls). Add the water while gently stirring the yeast and sugar. Let this mixture sit while you mix the rest of the ingredients - bubbles and foam should form if the yeast is happy.
2. Combine the flour mix, xanthan gum and salt in the largest mixing bowl and stir well.
3. In a third bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vinegar until the eggs are a bit frothy.
4. By this point the yeast mixture should be foamy, so you can pour the two liquid mixtures into the flour mixture. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed and then dump into your bread machine. Cook on the 80 minute setting  the stirring paddle is not necessary.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix (Note: this mix can be used for a variety of baked goods and things like pancakes as well)

3 parts brown rice flour (I use BobÂs Red Mill)
3 parts corn starch
2 parts soy flour
1 part masa harina

Save    
Nadya Movchan

Hey Joe! I see that there is very few responses here :) so I just wanted to throw in this list of books you might wanna check out. I've reviewed them and some are pretty good! http://sweetsaltythings.com/best-gluten-free-cookbook-11-books-you-need-to-get-right-away/ 

I'm not selling them or anything, just wanna help

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 'Not My Precious Books!' — Pain-Free Ways to Declutter Your Library
Have your books and neatness too, with these ideas for paring down and straightening up a beloved collection
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen Ideas for Bread Lovers
Any way you slice it, a kitchen designed with bread in mind conveys warmth and homeyness
Full Story
Kitchen Design World of Design: Favorite Recipes From Food Lovers Around the Globe
By Houzz
Travel with your tastebuds and experience for yourself these international foodies' favorite dishes
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We specialize in custom cabinetry, but we also do interior trim & millwork. The quality of our work, the look of... Read More