LOOKING for: dialysis

springer_mom

Please if anyone can help. My Hubby has to be on dialysis the rest of his life. I don't know what to cook for him. He wants everything he is not supposed to have. thanks for any help.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patty2430

I know this is very hard for you. Has he started dialysis recently? Do you have a nutritionist on staff at the dialysis center? She should be able to help you. My FIL just started dialysis also....we have picked up recipes from davita.com kidney.org also look at the Mrs. Dash website. They offer many kinds of seasonings that are all sodium free, which is important. If you feel completely blindsided by all this, you're not alone. Make sure your husband's doctor knows you need assistance and information!

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
1JanetH

Hi, I'm a hemo dialysis patient and we use the NxStage system at home. I've been on it now for about 2 years. I can eat most anything I want in moderation. I have lots of recipes if anyone is interested. My dieticians have given me a few cookbooks with great ideas.

If your loved one/you do hemo in center, your diet may be different. But these recipes are still good for you as well. Be sure to take binders as directed by your physician and any and all vitamins prescribed. Vitamins over the counter are not good for dialysis patients as they have more things that we don't need in our systems.

Anything else, or if you want recipes, just email me directly with "Dialysis Recipes" as the subject.

Thanks and God bless!
Janet

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Pets Garden Alert: 22 Plants to Keep Away From Pets
Avoid potential danger by keeping dogs and cats away from these landscaping and houseplant favorites
Full Story
Community Togetherness Take 2: Is a Cohousing Community for You?
Missing that sense of connection? Consider the new breed of neighborhood with a communal bent
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We design and decorate in the most exquisite of fashions. Our team of revolutionaries is dedicated to realizing... Read More