Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weed30

Pet Memorial

weed30 St. Louis
17 years ago

First, let me say that I am in no way affiliated with this company, and thought others here might be interested.

When I lost my girl, I had her cremated. While looking for an urn, I stumbled across "Memorial Pendants", something I never knew existed. I liked the idea, and ordered one. A very small amount of ashes fit inside, and the pendants are varied enough to appeal to anyone.

I got mine from this place. There are many more on the web if you do a Google search. I feel this one has the best selection.

Comments (10)

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    17 years ago

Our church has a special place for pets.

• lostnca
    17 years ago

I wonder how I missed this post? I wish I had known about these a few weeks ago since we had our PeeWee euthanized and I debated about having him cremated. We ended up bringing him home and put him to rest in our garden he helped to dig. *best rock finder and digger outter there ever was*
    Thanks for the link Weed.
    Lorie

• sunshinetm
    17 years ago

I saw some resonably priced pet stones on ebay recently. Just another resource you could check out. Terri

• lostnca
    17 years ago

Thanks sunshinetm, I will look at them. Today I went for a walk in the yard and some plants that Pee Wee helped me put in have started to come up. It might be nice to give him a stone for the garden.
    Lorie

• quasifish
    17 years ago

Hi weed. I hope you are doing well. It isn't easy, is it?

Lorie, I'm sorry about PeeWee. If you search online there are some places that make beautiful pet memorial stones in granite and river rock.

I had my girl cremated too- just got her cremains back last Thursday. I cannot bring myself to open the box, it has a little brass lock on it. Maybe someday I will, but not now. For now the cedar box she came back in is on the table with a picture of her beside it.

I searched around online for granite memorial stones and there are some nice ones out there. Even though she was cremated, I thought it might be nice to have a memorial stone in the garden like an anchor point for her memory. I still haven't decided whether or not to do it. I miss her so much :(

Q

• dobesrule
    17 years ago

Buttons always "helped" me in the garden. She is buried in a new section that we started last year. After she died I didn't have the heart to work in the yard anymore so there is still a lot to be done but here is a picture of her grave and memorial. I have to go back to the place where the statue came from to get a stone marker this weekend. It says:
    If tears could build a stairway
    And memories a lane
    I'd walk right up to heaven
    And bring you home again

Lisa

• sheltiemom
    17 years ago

Just got the memorial stone I ordered for Beauty today. It's beautiful, fairly reasonably priced and the company was extremely easy to work with (Rock-It Creations). I found them on-line, so I'm sure there are others similiar. I also found sites with the memorial pendants -- but I had a personal problem with dividing up Beauty's ashes to put some in the pendant. Got a bit queasy about the idea.

dobsrule - what a nice way to remember your Buttons. Where did you get the statue?

• weed30 St. Louis
    Original Author
    17 years ago

*best rock finder and digger outter....

LOL, Lorie ~ I often refer to my neighbor who comes here daily as my "dog letter outter". Sorry you didn't see the post earlier, but burying her in "her place" is just as special.

Quasi, nope, not easy. I think you and me and several others on this board were fortunate enough to be with our babes at the end. As hard as it is, I am so, so thankful that I was there. It's the one thing that comforts me. Hope you and everyone else are doing ok too. As "ok" as we can be, anyway.

dobesrule, that is just wonderful. Definitely a fitting memorial.

• dobesrule
    17 years ago

There is a place about 25 or 30 miles from us that sells all kinds of concrete fountains and statues like the ones you find in some garden centers but they have a huge selection and lots of different dogs. I go down there a couple times a year and so far have found 4 different Doberman statues that I have scattered about the garden. They come natural or already painted in solid colors but I get hubby to paint them in real Dobe colors. I got out and almost finished planting that end yesterday.

Lisa

• Lisa Elder
    3 months ago

I had my baby cremated after she passed away and did not know what to do with the ashes after I did it. My friend and I decided to get matching pendants with each of our babies set in them, they were made by a really nice lady in the US. The hardest part for me was scattering the rest of them in the ocean. The pendant does help with the closure, it's hard even now but having a little piece of her with me helps get me through the hard times. the shop is Sugarberry Memorials her site is https://www.sugarberrymemorials.com if anyone wants to see her work, its absolutely stunning.

I had a friend of mine also make his father's ashes into a glass ornament, which is also stunning, I don't know where he purchased his.