Help son with math

Lucy34527

Anyone know any resources or websites to help my step son get better at math. He struggles due to his mother letting him play video games and doing his homework for him. When he is at our home we make him practice it but I feel he might get better at it if we found something more engaging and entertaining.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

There are a lot of fun learning games for children out there. If that doesn't work, get him a tutor. A student tutor can often relate better to a child than a stressed out parent and have better results.

Save    
daisyinga

How old is your stepson? Google math blaster and see if that site is appropriate.

My kids loved Operation Neptune, which is an old computer math game. I think it is available online through a site that lets people play retro games on the internet.

If we knew how old he was, we might have better suggestions.

I think you're right, your stepson would probably enjoy math better if you found some online games he liked.

Save    
Lucy34527

He is seven. I will look up those websites and see if any of them engage him. Thank you so much!

Save    
yvonnemommy

My daughter has been using beestar math. The questions are all very good and DD finds the questions interesting and challenging and enjoy solving them. I like the summary of the kids standing every week and entire term.
Lisa

Save    
HU-775885018

Agree. My child like using Beestar pretty much. He has been using Beestar for a while. It helped my child in math calculation skills and calculation speed. The most Benefit that is better in math problems that involve kinds of thinking.

Save    
HU-348973899

Try singapore math. You can see some videos of it online. I believe that we should teach our kids the meaning of math and not just pure memorization

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kids’ Spaces This Designer’s Client Was Her 10-Year-Old Son
What do you give a boy with a too-babyish bedroom when he’s approaching double digits? See for yourself
Full Story
Color Why My Son’s Room Will Be Red: An Expert Weighs In on Colors for Baby
Historical facts, trend recaps and enthusiastic support for painting your nursery any darn color you like
Full Story
Universal Design My Houzz: Universal Design Helps an 8-Year-Old Feel at Home
An innovative sensory room, wide doors and hallways, and other thoughtful design moves make this Canadian home work for the whole family
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Ferguson showrooms are where your plans of a dream home turn into a reality. Ferguson showrooms are the place to... Read More