Burning In My Body?

dena_eft

OK, this burning in my body at night is NOT hot flash'es, can anyone tell me if they have it? It's just like a sunburn on the inside of your body. The GYN said that we,(us cursed women) have all kinds of burning issues during menopause. It gos from one area to another at different times. It drives me nuts. I think I could stand it if I just knew what it was. Thanks, :) Arum

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hun49

hi dena eft,
I haven't been here for a couple of months but I was about to post when I read this. Last night was one of the worst nights I have had in the time I have been menopausal. The hot flashes have returned for some reason after several months of being free of them and I have been hot in bed again. However, this was completely different. From the moment I got into bed I was hot. I couldn't get comfortable because even my legs touching was unbearable. My body just felt hot from the inside and I was aware of waking every hour or so. I was also having some weird dreams. The next thing that happened is kind of difficult to explain because I was in that half asleep/half awake state. I felt as though my heart was about to burst out of my chest and I had a burning sensation working its way up from my feet. I felt like I was on fire. I can honestly say I thought I was going to die. At the same moment I had one of those awful nightmares when I feel like there is something standing over me and I cant move. When I got up this morning I felt awful and I had no energy and that feeling of muscle weakness. I don't know how I managed my shift today. I have to say that since the end of June I have felt really well. I don't take HRT and I take a few vitamins and flax seed and I thought this was helping. Now,in the past 2 weeks I am suddenly having lots of symptoms returning and tonight my stomach is cramping and I feel like I am about to have a period. My last one was January! I also have feelings of dread today and I am struggling to keep from crying. I thought I had experienced all the symptoms I could and I have posted quite a few times here with some other weird ones but this burning is something else. I'm not sure I can cope with this anymore, I'm only? 50 and its been more years than I can even remember now. I'm tired of it all coming and going.I would be interested to know if anyone out there gets the good months/bad months situation. Sorry if I've gone off at a tangent but I do know what you're talking about and its not nice.

Save    
dena_eft

hun49, you are just in menopause. I deal with all this stuff by using an acupuncture technique called EFT. "Emotional Freedom Technique" It's great, do a search on the computer. It sure helps me with everything, even the burning. Oh, thanks for replying to my post.:) Arum

Save    
hun49

dena eft,
thanks for the reply. I've read several posts on this forum since first joining, suggesting meditation,yoga,acupuncture etc. Maybe I should give it a go and see what happens. I've tried everything else so, nothing ventured as they say. Take care.

Save    
pinkwaterlily

I get this horrible feeling too since entering perimenopause... I notice it mostly in the middle of the night as it wakes me up. It feels like hot molten lava is seeping through my blood vessels in my chest down my abdomen and out through my legs. I noticed an improvement when I was taking flaxseed oils capsules. I had stopped a few months ago because I thought the flaxseed might have been causing a tightness in my throat,(maybe an allergy)... but I'm considering trying it again now.

Save    
Nancy Ralston

At 77 I have started having hot flash symptoms that wake me at night. They have gotten worse as time goes on. I can only sleep for a few hours at a time, wake up up flushed, hot, sweating and need to sit up. It’s effecting everything in my life. Many tests have been run and I know it’s not my heart. I feel better standing. I can’t get away from the symptoms lying down.

1 Like Save    
dena_eft

Anxiety,. "Emotional Freedom Technique"

Save    
HU-816373829

I am fifty four and having this burning sensation only at nights in my abdomen ,two and a half years since menopause ,and also my hands and feet ,but I have a herniated disc, bulging disc,was diagnosed with spondylosis so don't know if that's what caused the burning sensation too.

Save    
HU-166864896

I have burning sensation too. Mostly hands and feet and even the tip of my tongue I do not have a bulging disc or spondylosis. What I read so far the cause is from fluctuating estrogen. I am blessed because I sleep well. I’m thankful for that

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Remodeling Guides Clean-Burning Woodstoves Ignite a Greener Heating Trend
No need to rely on oil or gas to heat your home — new woodstove designs burn cleanly and are beautiful to boot
Full Story
Fireplaces Updated Woodstoves Keep Home Fires Burning
Better technology means more efficiency than ever for modern woodstoves
Full Story
Decorating Guides On Trend: 8 European Chairs and Sofas for Ubercomfort
Who knew modern seat designs could be so downright snuggly? These stylish European picks are decidedly plush and kind to the body
Full Story
Ferguson showrooms are where your plans of a dream home turn into a reality. Ferguson showrooms are the place to... Read More
We design, build and renovate in the most exquisite of fashions. Our team of revolutionaries is dedicated to... Read More