bladder problems at ovulation?

nickyann

I am perimenopausal, & have very painful ovulations each month. They almost always have bladder problems, where my entire lower region is very sore and tender after urinating during this ovulation period. Anyone else have this problem? It's very frustrating, and no doctors seem to know anything about this problem.

Thanks

SaveComment11Like1
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Hi nickyann,
I don't know if this is similar, but when I would ovulate, it would cause me extreme pain to have a bowel movement. I finally figured out that it was when my stool was passing my sore ovary area, that was so painful. So I'm thinking maybe when your bladder shrinks, after you pee, perhaps it somehow rubs up against your ovary?
I know it sounds crazy.....and lots of docs would probably laugh at the notion........but if having a B.M. hadn't been so painful for me during ovulation, I probably wouldn't have believed it. I think anything in the area of the swollen ovary can cause pain.

Save    
landygirl

When I have ovulation pain which can last from 12 hours to 10 days! I find it very painful in lower left abdomen just before and at beginning of urination. NO one has explained why don;t think they know but glad I am not alone with bathroom pain and ovulation.

Save    
catherinet

My OB/GYN said that when we have hormonal changes, it can casue sweeling to alot of the structures in the abdomen (especially the bowel), and that's what gives us some of these symptoms.

1 Like Save    
mlord_tstt_net_tt

Nickyann, I have that same problem you're experiencing and more. I've been to so many doctors who firstly say I am not perimenopausal even though I am experiencing some of the worse perimenpausal symptoms. One doc told me its because to the painful ovulation ....hormonal changes I go through that the body is mimicking perimenopausal symptons but almost every month I have so much pain in the bladder area - below the stomach and on my left side front and back. No doc has been able to give me an explanation that would lead to a resolution except.... do a hysterctomy.

Save    
Danielle Marengere

I have the same symptoms usually every ovulation and it's more on left side also. I have painful urination (not too severe) I went to the doctors UTI after UTI so she sent me to Urologist who asked me if I had blood in my urine, nope, if it's really painful no not to the point I need meds but I told him I keep getting white blood cells in my urine test, he said that it's common for my age. I'm 43 and I find I have menopause but the Gino doc told me if I get my period every month (which sometimes I don't and if I do it's really light) that I'm not yet.. but I think I am and thus I'm just letting it go since it's not all month long. If you have any urine problems pain and bloating that last more than a few weeks , go see your doc and demand testing . But if it goes away and only comes during cycle time, I'm not going to keep wondering if others have it too..probably common for our age and ovulation time I think .. that is my opinion but I'm not doctor :) I find since I have been drinking more water and exercising more and eating healthier that it's not as bad!

1 Like Save    
skybunk

I have the same thing going on, but my pain is on the right. Happens every month where I need to lay there with a heating pad on because the pain is so debilitating. I have tried to get it looked at several times, but every time it happens, they send me to the e.r. thinking I have appendicitis. It got to the point it was so expensive and time consuming, I just have to suffer for a day or two until it passes. It hurts for me before I urinate, like I have to go, but I hold it a little because it hurts so much to just let it out. Once I get going though, it goes back to just the normal pain. It’s really awful so I can sympathize with you guys.

Save    
HU-894520221

Ivy had all those conditions above for years... I recently had a pelvic examination for something unrelated due to my blood flow and was diagnosed with adenomyosis. Finally after all these years!

1 Like Save    
Dina Mondello

Ladies, I could scream I’m so excited to read this....not for us to have to go through this but just because I’ve felt so alone. I have bladder pressure and sometimes retention right around the week before I ovulate, then 2 days before I have an awful burning sensation throughout my ovaries. I also notice the bladder pressure the week before my period starts but I have normal periods and normal bleeding. The doctor said they found traces of white blood cells in my urine too. I went to an OBGYN and she said “it’s urology not my department” but she was rude. Just got home from the most amazing urologist who said logically it HAS to be Gino related because it is related to my cycle. He’s running tests on his end but told me to “find a competent gynecologist”. I just made an appointment and I’m excited that I can show this forums findings to her next Friday for proof that I’m not crazy. Has anyone found any relief when this happens or been told what is causing it? I would hope it isn’t menopause related because I’m 33 and we’re hoping to get pregnant with our 1st in October after our wedding. Girl bodies suck. Thank you ladies for sharing. You made me feel not alone in a lonely girl world. I will update with any new findings and hopefully you all can too. Feel better ladies.

1 Like Save    
Dina Mondello

Ladies, I found that my symptoms go away completely when I take an antihistamine for my seasonal allergies. There is an article online that links hay fever with leaky gut and bladder and urethra inflammation and anxiety. Try it. Good luck!

1 Like Save    
Cassandra Marshall

Hi Guys I have exactly this problem I’m having a Laproscopy operation on Thursday I will let you know the results it’s so painful and uncomfortable your not alone Dina

Save    
Mel McKevitt

Cassandra, how did it go?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Pets 6 Ways to Help Your Dog and Landscape Play Nicely Together
Keep your prized plantings intact and your dog happy too, with this wisdom from an expert gardener and dog guardian
Full Story
Housekeeping 10 Chores You Can Whip Through During Commercials
Use ad time for getting tasks done, and it’s like fast-forwarding your house into cleanliness
Full Story
Furniture Smart Shopper: How to Buy a Mattress
Confusing options, hair-raising prices, haggling ... Our guide can keep you from losing sleep over mattress shopping
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
We believe that the transition of a house into a home is a sense of history and a piece of the future. It tells... Read More