Gazelle edge--How long is a good workout?

don_na_na

I just got a Gazelle Edge, but since I bought it from the previous owner, I don't have a workout video. For any of you who own one--how long do you consider a good workout? Do you workout for 20 mins? 30 min? Go 2 miles?

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolyn4

Most programs recommend starting out at 20 mins. for a minimum of 3 times a week and gradually increasing at a rate that is comfortable for you. Also, if you have any health problems you should get approval from your physician prior to starting.
How do you like your Gazelle? My husband and I (40ish) are thinking about getting one but I'd like to hear from people who already own one.

1 Like Save    
heather_on

I have a Gazelle, a treadmill and a recumbent bike. I use them all but love my Gazelle.

1 Like Save    
theresas

My Gazelle went into the back part of the basement for our Christmas party. I think it's time to pull it back out. When I was starting on it, 10 minutes or long enough to really start huffing just didn't do it. I found that I need to go until I actually sweated. I know that sounds gross, but the 20-30 minute mark was the best.

Lately my blood pressure has gotten much higher, though my weight has been stable (still far, far too high) for a few years. One of my doctors is having fits about it, so I'm hoping a few times a week on the Gazelle will help me bring it back under control. I do not want to turn to medicine yet. However, I'm extremely sensitive to sodium. Still, with good home eating (use menus from savingdinner.com) and exercise, I really believe I can get my BP down and avoid medicine.

1 Like Save    
HU-151277763

I bought a gazelle edge glider in 2003, and I love it. I use it 20-30 minutes twice a day 3-4 days a week. Just recently the display module has stopped working , would desperately love to get a replacement. I am in my seventies and this is a good way for me to get in the movement I need.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Gyms 10 Elements of an Inspiring Home Gym
Give yourself an incentive to exercise regularly by creating a workout zone that will get you moving at home
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Simple Pleasures: Make Do and Mend
Experience the satisfaction of fixing, repurposing and creating things yourself around the home
Full Story
Basements Basement of the Week: Tall-Order Design for a Lower-Level Lounge
High ceilings and other custom-tailored features in this new-build Wisconsin basement put the tall homeowners in a good headspace
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Whatever your next project may entail, Whisler Home Improvement is here to help. We are committed to treating our... Read More