In need of a great workout!!

tonib40

We are in need of the machine that would give you the best workout. We have a treadmill and a elliptical and just want one more item. Thanks for your help!!

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
localeater

Sounds like you have great cardio and lower body. What are you doing for upper body and strength? The answer to that question may guide your decision.
You could think about a rowing machine, but weights, resistance might be better.

Save    
Krystle

Have you thought about doing body weight exercises?

THIS workout did wonders for my upper body strength!

Save    
Jim Gagnepain

I love tennis as well. I've always mixed that with stretching and light weights. More recently, I started doing yoga. It is fantastic for an aging body. Although I'mm a self-graded "C" student, I feel so good afterwards. The stretching and balance poses are "just what the doctor ordered".

Save    
PRO
Debcan Construction

Try rollerblading or ice skating - both are excellent all-over workouts!

Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

If you must have a machine how about a rower for upper body, or a pilates machine for overall flexibility and toning?

but I would recommend a set of hand weights, a step and a variety of videos -- I am still fond of "The Firm" series, but there are lots of free workouts available online. Definitely include a good stretching routine.

Save    
donnar57

Coming into this thread very late (but better late than never). There is a great program on many PBS stations, and is also available in video format as well as a (paid) streaming online format: Classical Stretch. I love this workout for no-impact aerobics, stretching and strengthening of the entire body. Each workout is about 23 minutes long. In our area (San Diego) it runs at 5 am, but I just DVR the show and do the workout later. I've also purchased a couple of seasons, so that I can do those on weekends. I do this workout about 6 days a week, sometimes 7.

Donna

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Gyms Houzz Your Workout: Home Gyms That Get You Moving
Get inspired by these fitness-minded Houzz users, whose exercise rooms raise the bar(bell)
Full Story
Home Gyms 10 Elements of an Inspiring Home Gym
Give yourself an incentive to exercise regularly by creating a workout zone that will get you moving at home
Full Story
Home Gyms Work In Some Workout Room Right at Home
Exercise good judgment by reshaping an attic, a basement or even a hallway as a gym space
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Wannemacher Interiors strives to enhance their clients' lives by incorporating smart and functional design... Read More