Any exercise equipment good for home ?

ashleymore

Hey Everyone,
I am new to this forum and wanted some good suggestion regarding some exercise equipment that I could use at home, as I am a working lady I don't get sufficient time to go to gym and therefore, I am planing to get some equipment's. Can anyone help me with what equipment's are necessary that could help me loose fat & reduce weight ?

SaveComment20Like
Comments (20)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jellienne08

I am also very busy and just like you I have no time to go the gym but I have my daily exercise without equipment. I use the hip hop abs 30 minutes long (fat burning cardio) which I got from you tube. I have been doing this for more than 2 years now. It is very effective because I lose 15 pounds since then.

Save    
ashleymore

Yeah, this seems to be problem with all the persons who are working. We are like working whole day and don't get to concentrate on exercising our body, in fact my belly is like bulging out like anything, I definitely need to do something to overcome that. Therefore, I am seeking advice of lots of people. Thanks for yours too :)
Still I am looking for some equipment, my brother advised me to get a treadmill & a stationary bike as it would be helpful for me in long run, also I would be able to count how much calories I burned per day and also my heart rate, blood pressure, distance I covered etc.

Save    
ashleymore

Finally, I have found a solution to loose my belly fat, I got a new stationary bike from this online website. I am so excited, it is rigged with advance features like it tells the rpm, my heart rate, blood pressure, calories burned and is very comfortable. I am sure to get good results after a daily ride of 25-30 minutes along with some yoga or crunches & loud music of course that inspires me to do all this ;-)
I am looking forward to get some more and I was advised to get an elliptical... will that work for me ??

Here is a link that might be useful: spinning.com

Save    
ManojK

I believe in yoga and suggest you to do that as it will not only helps you with losing weight but also keep your mind relax which is exhausted with our daily busy schedule.

1 Like Save    
Jellienne08

Yoga is also one of the best for losing belly fats. I integrate yoga with my daily hip hop abs fat burning cardio. I have upper back pains and shoulders tension due to whole day work in front of the computer and maybe I have bad posture so I surf the internet and look for exercise that will ease the pain. I saw this yoga in you tube and from then on I do it regularly. It really works.

Save    
magnell11

I recommend you to use a treadmill or stationary bike at home. This equipment will help your heart rate up and tone your muscles. Biking or cycling is a total body workout and can boost your endurance. If you spend 30 minutes or an hour on biking everyday there are many possibilities that you can easily lose weight.

Save    
cookie8

HIIT workouts are great if you are short on time. Youtube has a lot of them. They are all pretty intense. I use this one a lot.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnsLVArIt8

Save    
magnell11

We have different kinds of workouts and physical fitness exercises and all are beneficial for our health. Using tread mill, stationery bike, dumbell, etc are great. We have to exercise daily to stay us fit.

Save    
celestial

When I was unable to join a gym (none within 30+ miles of my rental during a long-term temporary job assignment), this is what I used:

exercise (equipment needed)

1) Rowing (Concept2 indoor rowing machine)
2) Running outside (running shoes and one of Hal Higdon's free online training programs)
3) A modified version of "New Rules of Lifting - Abs' (New Rules book which can be checked out from library, cheap dumbbells, a broomstick without the sweeping part, resistance bands, a small step, and (optional) a cheap pair of furniture sliders)
4) Youtube stretching videos (foam roller)

Every 3 to 4 months I switched between the following 2 plans: 1) Hal Higdon as main training plan with rowing machine or New Rules as cross training, or 2) New Rules as main training focus with running and rowing as cross training.

And, I timed the above with some running races so the end of the HH running plan aligned with the race date. This probably sounds complicated, but after a bit of reading, and planning, it was easy.

After every workout I followed some Youtube stretching videos along with some foam rolling.

The "New Rules" series has a lot of books in it. I liked the abs book because of all the core work--this was a nice combination with the distance running and the rowing.

When the assignment ended and I moved back to my home, I was able to sell the rowing machine for close to MSRP (Concept2 machines seem to retain value.)

Save    
violetwest

a set of basic dumbells, an exercise ball, music, and a small space are all you need. Well, and motivation, but that's a different story.

1 Like Save    
elleau

For at home work outs, equipment like gym ball, dumbbells (not too light and heavy. choose 10lbs.), mat, and a chair. A lot of videos in youtube uses those simple equipment to lose weight. Just check out the videos to learn their purposes.

My mom is a workaholic and she's been busy all day long everyday and she doesnt have more time to go to the gym. She just bought a DVD containing Zuma and Tae-BO sessions and dance in front of the TV in the weekends. :)

Save    
nursetammi

I have found a spin bike is the best. It works so many areas, even firms up your arms. I use a video that came with it and do the 30 minute class in the morning. My husband does it too (he gets up earlier than me lol). You don't have to think about anything but getting on the bike and doing what the video says. The results are fantastic, just 30 minutes a day and reducing your sugar intake will do wonders.

Save    
Krystle

I absolutely LOVE my at home workouts, and now they're available On Demand so I can literally take em anywhere! ! Some even require zero actual equipment and there's no one there judging me like at a gym. :)

Here's a little bit about the workouts I use, On Demand Workouts.....WHA!?!?

Save    
lucillle

The best exercise equipment is those you will actually use. So far I have a stationery bike and stair stepper, both bought inexpensively off CL, and am going to buy some weights.

Oh yeah, I have a GREAT exercise accessory, one of my dogs, because walking is a terrific exercise, even just around the block, even a couple times around the yard, just as long as you move it move it..

1 Like Save    
cacocobird

I did Leslie Sansome walking tapes, and yoga. Helped a lot.

Save    
Annegriet

The Bosu Ball. It's awesome. Mini trampoline.

Save    
George Garton

I came across an article which will be of interest to you, its about home workouts using boxing http://newboxinggloves.com/594-2/

Save    
Glenn Boyd

You can get a treadmill. It is an one time investment. It is best for cardio and it is beneficial for full body workout.

Save    
donnar57

I know this is a response to an old thread, but in case anyone else just happens to come across this thread: I don't want to spend money on a gym, where I have to exercise with a bunch of other people around. Not happening. So, I do the following (and has worked for me):

* Take 10 minute walks whenever possible -- break time, lunch time, after work -- if the weather is inclement, go to the Mall, CostCo (just don't grab a cart) or Sam's Club.

* Do you have stairs in your house? Run up and down the stairs a lot. It helps if you can make an errand, like taking things up and bringing things back down.

* Find workouts online, on TV, or buy some DVD's. My favorite on TV is Classical Stretch (PBS) because it's elegant, and you do strengthening and conditioning as well as low-impact aerobics. I'm a school teacher, so one of my other favorite workouts online are with Fresh Start Fitness and Zumba Kids, both done with my students (we all get exercise and have fun doing it).

* Every area of the country has trails somewhere. On weekends, find your local trails and hike them, now that the weather is turning nice almost everywhere.

* My husband and I took out a membership to our local zoological society. It helps that we live near enough to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Safari Park (formerly Wild Animal Park). Both parks are huge. We walk. And walk. Uphill. Downhill. Then Uphill some more. Last Saturday, we walked 4 miles at the Safari Park. Oh, and we got to see some amazing animals, too. Depending on where you live, you may have a huge zoo or animal park nearby where you will get some walking in.

Donna

Save    
Kyle Ouellette

There are many types of exercise equipment that is good for the home. Personally I see reviews of them, for example a website like Www.strengthinequipment.com is perfect to view which pieces of equipment are good for you. I used this website to buy my elliptical that I enjoy every day. These types of websites are perfect because it lets you know how it is good and how you can have it in your house, for example if it has special features for saving room in your house and how good they actually work.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Declutter Now: Lose That Old Sports Equipment
Make more room in your closets and give your home a fresh start the eco-friendly way
Full Story
Home Gyms Houzz Call: Show Us Your Home Gym or Exercise Space
Whether you have a fully devoted room with all the dumbbells and whistles or a bedroom corner, we want to see how fitness fits in your house
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Scott Davidson founded Davidson Builders in 1998. Scott graduated from Michigan State with a BS in Construction... Read More