Has anyone used the Miracle Ball Method for exercise?

bryce5

Has anyone used the Elaine Petrone's Miracle Ball Method to help relieve tension on their body(shoulders, neck, hip, back, etc.)? Did the balls help reduce soreness/tension on your body? Would you get these balls? I have tension around my shoulders and neck areas and would like to reduce these aches. Thanks in advance.

SaveComment7Like
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluesibe

Less expensive is to put a tennis ball or two in a sock and roll it around the neck and shoulder areas.

I purchased a Homedics back massager, keep it on while I watch TV or read and it really helps.

Save    
terible

Another consideration would be to purchase a high density foam roller, they come in many sizes but if you get a 36" x 6" you can use it all over. Physical therapists use them for aligning the spine, neck stretches and a verity of other uses. I just ordered one and plan on using it for myofacia /fibromyalgia/arthritis pain. It most likely will not be 100% as affective as deep tissue massage but will hopefully come close. There are a few good books out there on this subject along with instructions and trigger points but I havenÂt weeded through them all yet. After years of studying Pilates, ball, yoga, and traditional weight training, this is new to me. However, after having three deep tissue massages lately and discovering how amazing the results were for me I can not wait to learn a way I can help myself. IÂm not kidding after three deep tissue massages I felt like someone had pulled me out of a little box and I could perform exercises at a much higher level, my concentration and energy was also greatly improved. Reading about deep tissue massage can be very interesting it also supposedly releases stored toxins.

Save    
ramrice

I have a foam roller; I bought it from my personal trainer at my gym. He works in sports medicine and got it from his company (Athletico). It was $20. He gave me some exercises to do with it and it works very well--it feels better than a massage. I have back problems and it helps. It also really loosens up and works my leg and glutes.

Save    
krossfireranch_yahoo_com

I'm a personal trainer and I use the miracle method ball all of the time. I would highly recommend this product. I've bought them for all of my clients and for my family. It works gentler than a tennis ball and has realigned my back and relieved my headaches and muscle tension. The balls are gentle and enable the muscles to relax so your skeletal system can realign. Costco sells them for about $10.00. I can't say enough good things about this product!

1 Like Save    
ctm862_aol_com

Yes, I have used them, and they truly are a miracle. Would most definetly recommend them.

Save    
Knowshappiness_gmail_com

I got these from Costco for $11. And they are priceless! I had a knee injury that affected my hip and sciatic nerve. It sent pain first to the hip, but by laying with the balls under my hip every morning relived that in a few weeks. Then pain moved down my outer thigh. I continued with the balls under my hips as well as under my thighs and legs. That pain which used to cause me to cripple over is now just a pinch. New sciatic nerve has moved to my hand and arm going numb when I wake up. Working on this now, but each session does relieve the sensation. Don't forget to do the breathing exercise with the ball movements! It is a miracle ball!

1 Like Save    
Peggy Powell

I have used them for several years and have given them to many friends. I swear they are the best thing I've ever had for my back and hip. Work through the book to find what works for you. Five minutes under my hips and buttocks and I'm good for the day. On long car trips I use them behind my back. Priceless!!!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Mudrooms The Cure for Houzz Envy: Mudroom Touches Anyone Can Do
Make a utilitarian mudroom snazzier and better organized with these cheap and easy ideas
Full Story
Great Home Projects What to Know About Adding a Backyard Bocce Ball Court
A regulation court in a relaxed setting helps you get the most from the Italian pastime. Here's what it takes to build one at home
Full Story
Feel-Good Home 12 Very Useful Things I've Learned From Designers
These simple ideas can make life at home more efficient and enjoyable
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever