New low-carber here

repol

Hi, everyone--

I wanted to introduce myself and see if there were any potential dieting buddies out there.

I'm a 45-year-old female, mom of 4 kids, separated from my abusive husband and kind of in recovery.
I've gained about 15 extra pounds over the last 2 years from comfort eating, and now that I'm taking back control of my life in some ways, I hope to shed those pounds. Low carb or low sugar diets such as Atkins, South Beach, and Suzanne Somers have all worked for me in the past. Late-night eating of oatmeal cookies, ice cream, and pasta has NOT!

I just got back from a trip 8 days ago weighing 151 pounds. I have been eating according to a no-sugar, lowish carb (25 net grams per day, but more if you add in fiber), high veggie and lean protein diet for the last 7 days and I weighed 147 this morning. I'm hoping to get down to about 140 by Labor Day and then to drop to about 132 eventually and try to stay there. I'm not quite 5'3" tall with a small bone frame, but apple shaped, so it's hard for me to lose a lot.

Any one doing anything similar and want to join together for mutual encouragement?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
User

Hi Repol!
I am 5'2" and looking to lose 20 pounds. I started back onto my health journey with my friend and we keep in touch to buddy up. I'll be your buddy here - and anyone else who wants to join us - and help you along. I too want to get down to the same weight goal.

And I'm at the same weight as you - how much better can it get for seeking a diet buddy, eh?

For those of you who are lurking - yes there used to be a huge following here years ago. And we used to keep a weekly thread going for any type of dieter to join. Someone suggested they do a FB page and the entire group left. Since then it's been dead on here.

Maybe if I start at weekly thread again those of you lurking would be welcome to join in and we can keep going together.

I'm starting a weekly thread - so join us!

Cheers,
McPeg

Save    
User

I'm late to the thread and hope you're still around. :) I started the Keto diet back in July. As of four weeks ago, I'm down to my goal weight: I lost 40 pounds! I'm doing maintenance now. Keto is similar to Atkins but we don't add back any carbs. I stay under 20 net carbs a day, high fat and mediocre protien. It's turned out easier than I thought it would be. My co-workers are all curious as they've seen how much I've lost and how little I need to eat now. But nobody is willing to do it because "I love sugar too much". Yeah, well, so do I. That's why I needed to lose 40 pounds. :)

1 Like Save    
lovemrmewey

Anyone still looking for a diet buddy on this forum?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Art Here’s Looking at You: Supersize Portraiture at Home
Go big. Go bold. Hang huge portraits on blank walls for maximum impact
Full Story
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: Here’s to a Healthier You
By Houzz
Use these tools to exercise smarter, relieve stress and eat wisely
See Products
Kitchen Cabinets Choosing New Cabinets? Here’s What to Know Before You Shop
Get the scoop on kitchen and bathroom cabinet materials and construction methods to understand your options
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Stylish, sophisticated living spaces only happen by design. Mary Shipley-Smith has over 20 years of residential... Read More