HCG Dieters

funky83

Any of you HCG dieters? I just started a few weeks ago and have lost some. I've increased my walking to 4 miles a day and restricting diet to 800 calories/day, along with taking Adipex and getting B12/HCG shots weekly. Don't know if I'll continue the shots, I seem to be losing from the diet and exercise alone. Has anyone gone this route? Lots of people from my area have tried this with success but I don't know the long term effects of HCG.

SaveComment144Like
Comments (144)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cran

I have seen his book,and found it interesting. I would think it may be hard to find a doctor to help you out or do you actully give yourself injections? When I read that part of the book it seemed alittle hazy as to how you get the HGG. I only had the book 1 day before I returned so maybe skimming thru it I missed something.

Save    
sulay

I am so confused. I bought a vial of 5,000IU HCG w/a rubber stopper and it came with a 30cc vial of sterile water. HOW much do I mix for the proper concentration? I only have 1cc Syringes and cannot figure the math.

Save    
oh2bslimagain

I called my compounding pharmacy and they said if you mix 5000 IU hCG with 5000 ML solution then you decide if you want 125, 150, 175 or 200 cc shot out of that. Simeon said 125 but KT says 175 to 200 cc. Hope that helps :)

Save    
oh2bslimagain

I did a 6 week round of this in the fall and lost 11 lbs in 14 days. Unfortunately I did not follow the high fat/low carb plan for the 3 to 6 weeks off properly and put on a few pounds. I do not seem to be able to lose at all around the time of my period, so it seems like a waste of hCG during that time. I know Simeon says to stop the shots all together during that time but I'm afraid I will become hungry and have to start all over again. I re-read the protocol and discovered I can skip one injection a week,(I'm doing Sunday)and not develop immunity to the shots. So I plan to go a little longer than the 40 shot series. According to one web site a patient went 4 months using this method and lost 90 lbs. I guess I will know when I have developed immunity bcause either I will stop losing weight, or I will be ravenous. :) I'll let you know how that goes.

It is discouraging to think I have 100 lbs to lose. If I do it the normal way, that would be 8 months to a year! I like the sound of 4 months a lot better!

My folks each lost 75 lbs on this diet in the 1970's and they kept it off and were in good health. Their clinic gave 5 shots a week with no breaks as they had Sat and Sunday without shots. But they had water pills and old fashioned diet pills to aid them too. They were also given routine Thyroid supplements.

Now, I am trying to start round 2 (much better equipped this time) but I am frustrated because while I am in ketosis and taking the shots, I cannot drop a pound as I am expecting my period in a few days. So I am going to concentrate on staying in ketosis and not worry too much about the VLCD until my period starts, sort of like loading a few extra days. Funny, but if I have too much fat at one sitting I feel like I have morning sickness, so I know the shots are working.

This hormone and water fluctuation kills about 10-14 weight loss days a month for me. Very frustrating! I started a low dose BC pill for the purpose of evening out some of those fluctuations. It helps a little I think.

I found a great guide book and recipie book online. The recipe book gives some great ideas of how to stay legal on THIS diet. Worth every penny of the $39.95.

Oh2BslimAGAIN

Save    
roth0415

I'm in my first week of the HCG diet and I'm really hungry. I can't sleep because I'm so hungry. I didn't cheat at all on day one but was hungry. Day 2 I was so hungry i ate an additional 1/2 melba toast. Today I fought it until dinner and was so hungry I ate 4oz shrimp AND 3 oz chicken and an extra 1/2 melba toast. And, I"m so hungry now I'm considering raiding the fridge. What can I do? I really want to stick to this but I'm having trouble.

Save    
User

Hi Roth - if you want more support and encouragement please feel free to join our gang at daily support. We are all doing different diets. We just love to keep encouraging each other.
Do you have something to do this afternoon? Can you go for a walk? I feel your cravings and totally understand. Get moving girl and try to find something to take your mind off the kitchen. How about a leisurely soak in the tub or nice shower with all the smelly stuff you own? I'm here today - in between doing activities - always glad to chat with ya. Please consider joining us to yak with on the other thread - Milkdud and Yankandtex are looking to talk to folk. We'd love to have you join us!
Cheers,
Peggy

Save    
bilzfan

I've finally admitted to myself that I no longer have the energy to fight to get this weight off by myself. However, knowing what HCG is, I'm concerned because I just had a hysterectomy. Any one out there wearing my shoes?

Save    
amymadden_hotmail_com

i am starting the hcg diet today!!!! does anyone have any advice for me? i am 30 years old and need to take the weight off.

Save    
haileesmom920

Hello. I am really interested in starting the HCG Diet and I was just wondering if someone can give me some information on how to start on the diet? Thanks!

Save    
kellynewey

I had attempted to send an email to mcpeg regarding the hcg diet. She siad everyone in her group was on different diets. Do you mean different diets while taking the hcg shots? I'm having a hard time staying on the plan introduced by Kevin Tr. (or Dr. Simeon) I've heard of people simply doing a low calorie diet while using hcg but i am looking for more specifics? Can anyone help? Is there any other way to use hcg with a diet other than the one outlined in Kevin Tre. book or Dr. Simeon?

Save    
User

Hi Kelly, I got your email this morning. I don't know much about this diet as I do WW. On our group thread some people do Weight Watchers, Somersize and I don't know what else.

My question is how many calories are you allowed a day on this diet. Are you eating a varied selection of food? How often can you eat? Are you allowed to make your meals into 6 snacks vs 3 meals? I have found rather than eating breakfast, lunch and dinner my best weight loss was breakfast, snack mid morning, light lunch, snack mid afternoon, light dinner, evening snack.

Are there any food restrictions on this diet? Also, some foods, eaten alone, burn quickly in your body - rising your blood sugars and then crashing down to low sugars - making you feel tired and more hungry.

Years ago a dietitian told me that grouping even small quantities of food in the right combinations burn slowly and last longer in your system - giving you high nutrients and slow burning calories. Think of your body like a wood burning stove. If you put light, poor wood it burns hot and fast. A good piece of heavier wood would burn slow, constant and more even heat.

Food grouping:

apple + 1 oz cheese

sprinkle a tablespoon of crushed nuts over a small bowl of cereal, yogurt

Never eat a carbohydrate by itself - like a slice of bread. It burns quickly and then poof! You are hungry again. White bread is a poor choice, whole grain has more nutrients and more balanced to last longer in your system.

Do you like beans? Even a half cup with crunch celery burns slow.

I don't know if any of this helps. If you have a local library - check out any book on the 'glycemic index' of food. This talks about foods that give you high value and burn slowly in your body to balance your blood sugars over a longer period of time.

Basmati rice is the highest rated rice to burn slowly in your body over all other rice choices. Great for diabetics and dieters.

You don't need to eat a lot to feel full with the glycemic index.

Google 'glycemic diet'

Google 'nutrition'

If you start feeling like you need help start surfing the net for diet and nutrition sites - I do this to help me refocus, learn (always learning with nutrition) - here's a site I just found that you may find interesting at the link below.

Kelly, because you do not have your member/profile set to allow 'members' to see your email information, I could not respond directly to your email.

Keep in touch and keep posting. We're here to help each other!

Cheers,
McPeg

Here is a link that might be useful: Nutrition and diet site

Save    
tk3971

This is the first time I've ever attempted to do this - was wondering what the website is to join the dieters group. I started the hcg diet today and am just starving right now. I thought there wouldn't be any hunger pangs with this.

Save    
netski

My husband and I have done hcg diet this year. He lost 45lbs in 46 days I lost 22. We did it with the help of a nurse/chiropractor office. We did the 6 day shots with 1 day off. The diet is very strict and we followed it with no cheating and also no lotions or anything with any oil in like makeup. (my hardest part) We were never hungry but it is important to gorge the first 3 days of injections. You must follow "the 500 calorie a day diet" for the protocol to work. We did the 40 day. Just following weight watchers or doing low glycemic really won't work from what we've learned. We prepared our food and weighed it all at once for several days and then it was there in the fridge and not much work to have your meal ready and it was so easy that way. To go for more than 40 days isn't recommended because you need to take a break and give yourself a chance to adjust for a few weeks and then you can start again always with the 3 day gorge.

Save    
adaira

I'm on my 3rd day of the diet. I hate to say it, but I'm STARVING! It seems like the only thing the HCG is doing for me is keeping me from shaking and collapsing. Does it get better? I hear lots of people say that they aren't hungry, but I haven't experienced that yet. I have about 60lbs to lose. For what it's worth, my HCG is in a gel form that I put on my wrist. I really appreciate any advice that anyone may give - and thanks for listening to me whine!

Save    
franci4

Adaira, it will get easier. The first 5-6 days are the hardest. This is my second time on the diet. The first time I did 28 days which included 2 loading days and 3 days after taking hcg and lost about 20lbs. I'm now on day 10 after the load and am down 8.5lbs. The first week I take hoodia regularly throughout the day to curb hunger. I also take the slim teas from Whole Foods all day. They really help. I haven't heard of anyone taking the hcg in a gel form. Let us know how you go with it. The hunger will get easier. I hardly think about eating now. I forget and don't eat until my body reminds me with getting weak etc. Good luck.

Save    
thomasina

There should be no hunger. Maybe your dosage needs to be increased. Many people start with 125 i.u. and if they have trouble they up the dose to 150 or 166. Some people inject. Others take it sublingual but the sublingual requires the same dose 2x a day since it leaves the body sooner.

Save    
thomasina

As to getting the hcg you can order in over the internet without a prescription. You can do shots or sublingual. If you do sublingual you will need twice as much hcg. Get a copy of Dr. Simeons paper "Pounds and Inches". Available many places on the net to download. It is the gold standard. Trudeau's book has so much extraneous stuff that it is overwhelming. Plus I don't want to take advice from a felon. Never the less it contains a lot of good info.a

Save    
thomasina

Hi mcpeg,

I am a little confused about your posting. I thought I was reading a thread about hcg dieters and your list included mostly foods not allowed on this protocol. Is this a mistaken posting or do I just not understand what is going on here?

Save    
nana2two

Hello everyone ... while I was researching the HCG Diet Protocol I came across this page of other HCG dieters and really appreciated reading the thoughts, concerns and encouragement of others on the diet.

I too am beginning this diet and injection tomorrow, Monday, May 19. I have been under a doctors care for a little over two months ... have gone through a 28 day detox where I only lost 3 pounds and then keep on the detox way of eating (which is most often my normal way of eating) and remain stuck at the weight I am. I am 5'7" and cannot seem to get below 170 pounds. Although to some this weight may be okay, it is horrendous for me. I can walk 30 miles a week and I still am stuck, I am taking thyroid pills and still am stuck, I have struggled with chronic constipation for 20+ years and the doctor believes this is some of the problem, I have also struggled with bulemia for 20+ years but in the last 5 or so is 85% better. I didn't know if some of those on the HCG diet have a background like mine.
Anyway, all this to say that after trying just about everything my doctor feels it is a good time to do the HCG injections and is adament about not deviating off the 500 calorie diet. He said it is critical to do exactly what they say; he has only, on occasion, had a patient increase their protein when they struggled with energy levels. I am anxious to get started and excited to see the results! I have never been able to accept myself as a chubby person and have kept myself out of social activities because of my weight. I just want to be normal again after being told by many doctors that I am not the typical because nothing seems to work for me; I have always told them my body does not process my food and it stays in my stomach for hours and hours ... I could throw up meat 6 hours after eating it and salad 4 hours after eating it ... this is not normal.
Can someone who has been on the program tell me the benefit of binging for the first two days when you start the injections; it seems like such a set up for failure and always seems to make a person even more hungry the following days. I will follow whatever I am instructed to do because I am desperate to get my 30-35 pounds off and not just the weight but the fat that just seems to sit there and never go away.
I would love to have a connecting to others on the protocol to hold each other accountable and also to receive the support myself.
Sorry for the long novel ... I really do try to keep things short.
Good luck to each of you as you strive to better your health and overall well being!

Save    
User

Hi Thomasina,
I do not do the HCG diet - so my apologies for leading anyone off their plan. I just cannot grasp the feeling of terrible hunger some have experienced on this diet. For the rest of ya, just ignore me...I'm crawling back over to my daily support thread group now....
I do wish everyone on their weight loss journey success - which ever method you choose to follow.
Cheers,
McPeg

Save    
User

for those of us who are curious about this diet, I found this excerpt...full details at the site link

The Diet

The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.

Breakfast:

Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:

1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.

4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner :

The same four choices as lunch (above.)

The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.

Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.

In fact, the patient should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day. Many patients are afraid to drink so much because they fear that this may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements.

The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.

No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder may be used without special permission.

Every item in the list is gone over carefully, continually stressing the point that no variations other than those listed may be introduced. All things not listed are forbidden, and the patient is assured that nothing permissible has been left out. The 100 grams of meat must he scrupulously weighed raw after all visible fat has been removed. To do this accurately the patient must have a letter-scale, as kitchen scales are not sufficiently accurate and the butcher should certainly not be relied upon. Those not uncommon patients who feel that even so little food is too much for them, can omit anything they wish.

There is no objection to breaking up the two meals. For instance having a breadstick and an apple for breakfast or an orange before going to bed, provided they are deducted from the regular meals. The whole daily ration of two breadsticks or two fruits may not be eaten at the same time, nor can any item saved from the previous day be added on the following day. In the beginning patients are advised to check every meal against their diet sheet before starting to eat and not to rely on their memory. It is also worth pointing out that any attempt to observe this diet without HCG will lead to trouble in two to three days. We have had cases in which patients have proudly flaunted their dieting powers in front of their friends without mentioning the fact that they are also receiving treatment with HCG. They let their friends try the same diet, and when this proves to be a failure - as it necessarily must - the patient starts raking in unmerited kudos for superhuman willpower.

It should also be mentioned that two small apples weighing as much as one large one never the less have a higher caloric value and are therefore not allowed though there is no restriction on the size of one apple. Some people do not realize that a tangerine is not an orange and that chicken breast does not mean the breast of any other fowl, nor does it mean a wing or drumstick.

The most tiresome patients are those who start counting Calories and then come up with all manner of ingenious variations which they compile from their little books. When one has spent years of weary research trying to make a diet as attractive as possible without jeopardizing the loss of weight, culinary geniuses who are out to improve their unhappy lot are hard to take.

Making up the Calories

The diet used in conjunction with HCG must not exceed 500 Calories per day, and the way these Calories are made up is of utmost importance. For instance, if a patient drops the apple and eats an extra breadstick instead, he will not be getting more Calories but he will not lose weight. There are a number of foods, particularly fruits and vegetables, which have the same or even lower caloric values than those listed as permissible, and yet we find that they interfere with the regular loss of weight under HCG, presumably owing to the nature of their composition. Pimiento peppers, okra, artichokes and pears are examples of this.

While this diet works satisfactorily in Italy, certain modifications have to be made in other countries. For instance, American beef has almost double the caloric value of South Italian beef, which is not marbled with fat. This marbling is impossible to remove. In America, therefore, low-grade veal should be used for one meal and fish (excluding all those species such as herring, mackerel, tuna, salmon, eel, etc., which have a high fat content, and all dried, smoked or pickled fish), chicken breast, lobster, crawfish, prawns, shrimps, crabmeat or kidneys for the other meal. Where the Italian breadsticks, the so-called grissini, are not available, one Melba toast may be used instead, though they are psychologically less satisfying. A Melba toast has about the same weight as the very porous grissini which is much more to look at and to chew.

In many countries specially prepared unsweetened and low Calorie foods are freely available, and some of these can be tentatively used. When local conditions or the feeding habits of the population make changes necessary it must be borne in mind that the total daily intake must not exceed 500 Calories if the best possible results are to be obtained, that the daily ration should contain 200 grams of fat-free protein and a very small amount of starch.

Just as the daily dose of HCG is the same in all cases, so the same diet proves to be satisfactory for a small elderly lady of leisure or a hard working muscular giant. Under the effect of HCG the obese body is always able to obtain all the Calories it needs from the abnormal fat deposits, regardless of whether it uses up 1500 or 4000 per day. It must be made very clear to the patient that he is living to a far greater extent on the fat which he is losing than on what he eats.

Many patients ask why eggs are not allowed. The contents of two good sized eggs are roughly equivalent to 100 grams of meat, but fortunately the yolk contains a large amount of fat, which is undesirable. Very occasionally we allow egg - boiled, poached or raw - to patients who develop an aversion to meat, but in this case they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole. In countries where cottage cheese made from skimmed milk is available 100 grams may occasionally be used instead of the meat, but no other cheeses are allowed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr Simeons Pounds and Inches

Save    
pam4748

I started HCG on May 10th, thus the diet of 500 calories on May 12, 2008. I have lost about 14 lbs so far!!! I am very happy with results. Hysterectomy doesn't matter!
I do take supplements everyday and did before HCG. Stuff like Omega3 capsules, Primrose Oil, moducare, etc. My doctor said it was fine to do so, they don't affect HCG performance.
Anyway, I wish someone would have told me years ago about this diet.
I am feeling well and I can't wait until my 40 days is up so I can see my total weight loss for that time.

Save    
john0364

I started taking the injections on 5/20. My doctor told me nothing about the three days of eating alot before restricting my diet. I have lost 0 pounds on this diet. Could it be because I did not "load up" the first three days? Also, I cheated a litte the last two days eating several dill pickles and more Melba toast than I should have.

Should I start over or just proceed in more strict observance of the diet?

Save    
adaira

Anyone tried drinking Diet Coke on this diet?
I sure miss it, and it doesn't have calories, but I wasn't sure if it would cause harm. (probably no more harm than the wine I "add" into the diet!) I've been on for 16 days and I've lost 12lbs. I probably would lose way more without the wine, huh?
Thanks for the support, everybody!

Save    
katiepen

john0364, continue on the diet but you have to follow it exactly without cheating or you are wasting your time. Have you read Simeons Manuscript Pounds and Inches, this is very important! This is a very specific diet, if you cheat, even by a few bites, you won't lose any weight. The fat loading for the first 2 days helps with the hunger for the first few days but since you didn't do it the hunger might be a little worse, just drink a lot of tea and water, it will get better.
Adaira, absolutely no diet coke. Have you not read all the inforamtion about how artifical sweetners cause you to gain weight. It's important to read Kevin Trudeau's book The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About. This book is not only a great source for the hcg diet but also explains the causes for our weight problems. If you don't learn this information then you are just destined to gain the weight back.
And for all you Kevin Trudeau Naysayers out there if you are going to ignore all of his research, which is clearly backed up by hundreds of doctors and researchers, just because he served time in federal prison years ago then you are fools. He has changed and is just a reporter who has done his research and is willing to take on the FDA & The food, drug, and diet industry who is a billion dollar industry that only makes money if we are fat and sick. If you are doing this diet and you are unwilling to find the facts and change the way you eat, where you eat, and how you eat, you are just wasting your time because you will gain the weight back. This is exactly what the food and diet industry want, they don't make money off of skinny people.

Save    
josnat

I just wanted to post our success. My husband and I are on Simeon's Protocol (not Trudeau) and in our 6th day. We did 3 days of gorging. (actually 2.5 days) So we are in our 3rd day of the 500 calories. I lost 3.4 pounds after my first 500 cal day and my husband lost 2.6 pounds his first day. The second day I lost 2.4 and he 1.4. My sister and her husband have been on for 2 weeks and she has lost 14 pounds and he 30 pounds! I don't know anything about the cleansing and all that but you really don't need it. It works just as great without it and you don't have to buy all those extra products. No one has had hunger but me. My doc said it should go away after a few days, if not to add 3 egg whites to my daily food on one day. Also my doc said if you hit a plateau you can do an apple day - 6 apples only from noon to noon and then resume the next day with lunch. My sister did this and dropped 4 pounds the next weigh in day. this is mostly for those not seeing the pounds drop due to water weight.

For any skeptics, I have done a lot of research on this and it is GREAT! A lot of people don't understand what the HCG does and how it allows you to lose weight without being hungry, without losing muscle mass, without electrolyte imbalance, and without gaining back. My doc said the data she has collected shows that the hypothalamus actually resets itself and thus her patients are not gaining the weight back.

I have details on almost all of the HCG programs (injections) if anyone wants details on costs and places to go. I don't know anything about the oral or the cremes. In my research the injections seem to have the best results.

Save    
pam4748

Day 17. Accordng to the scale like at the Dr's. office, I have lost 17 lbs.!!!! This is great!!! 23 days left to go on phase I. I made a mistake though and ate an orange instead of a 1/2 grapefruit. Actually, I have been eating oranges on the diet. I thought they were allowed. Anyway, I will be totally happy to lost 17 mores lbs before entering phase II. Did anyone else eat oranges too?
Also, sometimes, I am hungry and I have eaten maybe 1 or 2 more ounces of proten, like shrimp or fish, but I have not cheated otherwise that I know of. I cannot believe that I cannot find bread sticks. I have looked at walmart and other places. Where are the break sticks?

Save    
katiepen

Further research on Simeons protocol showed that if you omit the breadstick weight loss is increased. So it is recommended not to have it.
Also, for those who don't know, Trudeau's protocol is Simeon's Protocol to whom he gives full credit. He also includes the full story of Simeon and how the protocol was developed and how it has finally come out of the underground (to which Trudeau has played a big part). Trudeau's book also includes further research on the protocol as our food suppy and environment has changed dramatically since Simeon developed this protocol. So for those who want to truly educate themselves about how to keep the weight from coming back I would highly recommend also reading Kevin Trudeau's book.

Save    
josnat

CHUBBY MOMMA - CLICK ON MY NAME AND IN THE BLUE AND THEN SEND ME AN EMAIL. I WILL EMAIL YOU THE INFO THAT I HAVE ON PLACES AND PRICES. I ALSO KNOW A PLACE THAT WILL DO TEENAGERS UNDER 16.

PAM 4748 - I EAT ORANGES TOO - THE DOCTOR I USE HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR A WHILE AND HAS FOUND THAT THERE ARE SOME FOOD ITEMS THAT WORK JUST AS WELL. OUR FRUITS ARE 1/2 GRAPEFRUIT, 1/2 PEACH, 1 ORANGE, 1 APPLES, AND A HANDFUL OF STRAWBERRIES OR CHERRIES. IT HAS WORKED FOR US SO FAR. AS FAR AS THE STARCH - WE ARE EATING MELBA TOAST, 4 SALTINES, 4 STONE GROUND WHEAT THINS, OR THE GRISSINI. WE LIKE THE SALTINES - AND IT OUR WEIGHT LOSS IS GREAT. ANOTHER 1.4 POUNDS FOR ME TODAY AND 1.2 FOR MY HUSBAND - I AM DOWN 7.2 POUNDS IN 3 DAYS AND MY HUSBAND IS DOWN 5.2 POUNDS.

KATIEPEN - HAVEN'T READ DR TRUDEAU'S BOOK. IT SOUNDS LIKE IT HAS SOME GOOD INFORMATION.

JOHN0364 - LOST ANY WEIGHT YET? BECAUSE OF IMMUNITY - I DON'T KNOW IF "STARTING OVER" WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA UNLESS YOU TAKE A COUPLE OF WEEKS OFF. YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO MORE THAN 40 DAYS AT A TIME. BUT...IF YOU HAVEN'T LOST ANY IT IS EITHER YOUR DIET OR NOT DOING THE GORGE. HOWEVER I DO KNOW PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T GORGE THAT MUCH AND STILL LOST WEIGHT.

AS FAR AS HUNGER GOES - IT IS WAY BETTER TODAY. I ADDED 3 EGG WHITES TO MY DIET YESTERDAY (BOILED AND TOOK OUT YOKES) AND I ACTUALLY ADDED AN EXTRA STARCH TOO (4 CRACKERS) AND TODAY THE HUNGER IS SO MUCH BETTER AND I THOUGHT I WOULDN'T LOSE ANY TODAY BUT LOST ANOTHER 1.4 POUNDS!

Save    
bamasheri

Does anyone have specific web-sites to order from, and how much I should expect to pay for this...I heard about this from a couple on The morning Show with Mike and Juliet and it sounds like it's worth a try.
Thanks

Save    
tamisue

I tried the HCG diet but had to stop, due to my addiction to my morning Mocha Latte ;) Can anyone tell me if I could have my mocha latte 1cup skim milk, 1 Tbls of swiss miss instant cocoa, and espresso coffee. I would take out the calories from the entire day. Geeze, I would only drink the mocha latte, if I had to. Have a stressful life right now, but want to start this diet again and begin losing weight, even if it takes longer because of the latte's.
Any thoughts, advice.
Should I not even bother doing the diet.

Save    
naniluvs1

Okay, I only heard about this HCG diet on this past memorial day on the Mike and Julia show. I am very facinated by this and want to start asap! What I need to know if anyone can tell me, is..I just had a hystorectomy the latter part of this Feb. am I able to start this now? also I do take blood pressure pills and folate vitamin and low dose adult baby asprin. would i beable to continue to take these while on HCG. how much do the injections cost. Am i going to be afraid to 'shoot' myself up? smiles..sorry for sounding so 'dumb' but this is something I have to do so I need to make sure I am able to do this..thanks for any help

Save    
sbutler0920

I was going to begin this diet tomarrow i really cant go without make- up everyday in my profession my appearance is important, will this really mess up my diet?

Save    
utopia218

Any info regarding where to purchase HCG and at what concentration? My daughter and I plan to start asap.

Save    
josnat

utopia 218 - i sent you the info you requested twice. If you didn't get it, check your Junk Mail. I hope you get it!

Save    
josnat

You can use oil-free make up. I am using powder instead of base. I don't like it as well but it works. You are allowed lipstick, mascara, blush, and I think eyeliner. Get yourself some powder or oil-free makeup and you should be fine!

Save    
katiepen

Tamisue-If you can't give up your latte, then this won't work for you. you can have coffee with Stevia but no sugar or milk. I know how you feel, I was addicted to Caramel Macchiato's and I had to give up all coffee, it was hard but I've actually learned to appreciate teas. We make our choices in life, how important is it to you to lose this weight. It's an amazing diet but it's very exact and there is no cheating or it will not work. You have to dedicate yourself to it or you are wasting your time.
sbutler- Try bare minerals makeup. It's a mineral powder, it has great coverage and it feels good on your skin. It doesn't interfere with this diet at all. They have eyeshadows & blush that you can use too.
utopia218-do an internet search for hcg. there is a pharmacy in Florida that will order blood work, give you a prescription for hcg then send you all the supplies you need. They are a little pricey but very safe and thourough. There is also a drug escrow service that you can order the hcg from overseas. Very cheap but it takes about a month to get it and you will have to obtain your own needles and sterile water. Just be careful of the scams out there asking for wire transfers, only use a credit card. Also,if you do a search for hcg forums there are a number of different forums that have people have listed places to get the hcg. Good Luck!

Save    
pam4748

Josnat,
Thanks for the update on the oranges. I am a little concerned right now because when i weighed yesterday before noon I was down 22.5 lbs. Today when I went to the Dr. it was not that. Anyway, I know that I have lost 18lbs, but i really thought it was more.

Do you actually weigh your meat before cooking it? If it is frozen, then i guess you have to unthaw it, right? Anyway, I have lost at least a size plus more inches, so over a size with the 18lbs.

I have not always weighed the meat before cooking due to being in a hurry, but I always weigh after cooking. This is a great diet. Still counting down to 20 more days.

Save    
pam4748

Oh yeah, I wear the MAC studio fix makeup which is supposed to be powder and foundation, but it is mostly powder. I have been using it while on the HCG with no problem at all. I started with it and plan to finish with it. I also wear eyeliner and lipstick. The MAC is kind of expensive.
Where are the Grissinos?I guess I had better try a whole foods or somewhere. I need some Melba toast. Gonna try again.
Also, I goofed today because I ran out of needles and used one of my husbands that he uses for B12 shots. I also saw the doctor today and he said it was wayyyyyyy too much. I am ok,though. He said I still have to take tommorrow because it only stays in the system for 24 hours.

Thank God!!!!! HE is GOOD!!!

Save    
sbutler0920

On "The Diet" what is the portion size of the veggies?

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

Like if I was to measure.

Save    
sbutler0920

I had another question for anyone out there...I have been drinking Dr Pepper everyday for years this is the first time I have had zero soda, I am not a big coffee or tea fan also, the caffine headaches are driving me crazy any suggestions for caffine headaches.I am using the Simeons Diet plan.Thanks any ideas would be helpful.

Save    
ready2bhealthy

Has anyone tried eating canned chunk chicken breast in spring water for their protein? There's virtually no fat and it's very convenient. What do you think?

Starting Wednesday -- I hope I have the same success as the inspirational stories I've read here. Congratulations everyone!

Save    
katiepen

Drink tea. Yerba mate tea is really good. I was the same way, I never liked tea but when I started drinking it I started liking it more and more. Start with iced tea sweetened with stevia. It will definately help the headaches. And since soda is something that you really don't want to go back to drinking if you want to keep the weight off maybe you'll learn to appreciate a healthy alternative.

Save    
ready2bhealthy

Does anyone know if having an IUD is a problem? Or any hormone/birth control drug for that matter?

thanks.

Save    
my5boys

Has anyone ordered from Drugdelivery.ca? I placed an order 1 month ago and still have not recieved it. If you have used them, how long did it take to recieve it?

Thanks for any info

Save    
katiepen

I ordered from there and it took me about 3 weeks to get it. if you call them you can get a tracking number and find out where your package is. I had a friend who ordered from there a couple weeks before me and they stopped her package at customs. So I would defiantely track your package and find out where it is.

Save    
pam4748

I am on day 27 and I don't weigh any vegetables or measure them. I eat as much as I want!! Lots of salad, asparagas, tomatoes, onions, cabbage.

Ok, I have been using 3 different scales, the one at home, the one at the Drs. office and the one that is at the fitness center at work. I have lost 22lbs according to the fitness center!!! I am almost down 2 complete sizes!!!

ONE THING YOU MIGHT WANT TO REMEMBER.. TO GET A TOTALLY ACCURATE WEIGHT, YOU MUST WAIT 12 HOURS AFTER YOU ATE YOUR LAST MEAL, OTHERWISE THE WEIGHT WILL NOT BE CORRECT.
FOR EXAMPLE: IF YOU ATE DINNER AT 6PM, YOUR CORRECT WEIGHT WOULD BE WEIGHING AT 6AM OR A LITTLE AFTER AT LEAST. THE DOCTORS OFFICE TOLD ME THIS AND A FRIEND WHO HAS ALREADY LOST 47LBS. She went from size 18W to size 14. (no W)

She did do the whole thing twice, but she lost 30 lbs the first time!!
I am shooting for 32 and I will be totally excited!!!

Save    
my5boys

I am getting ready to start my second round also. I did notice along with 2 of my friends doing the protocal that after about 18 days or so using 10000, it lost its potency. Another friend ordered the 1500, that is mixed fresh every week and had better results. This second time I will try the 1500. Anyone else have these kind of results?

Save    
cherob

Do you give injections subqutaneously or intramuscular?
Dr. Simeon's protocol instructs intramuscular, the pamphlet that came with the medicine also states intramuscular, however, separate print out given to me by the pharmacy instructs sub-q shots. Anyone else come across this discrepancy?

Save    
pam4748

Day 34 on the diet. I weighed today and my total lost is showing at 27lbs!!!!!!! I am too excited, but I must continue. I 6 more days of injections and then the 3 days with no injections and the 500 cal diet, then I start the no carb-no sugar for 6 weeks. Can't wait to eat some eggs/bacon (turkey organic bacon) and eggs. Also cannot wait to eat watermelon. I am gonna ask the Dr. about Ezekiel bread! It is made different from all other breads and acts like a vegetable in your body. Hopefully I can have some of that an eat a sandwich!!
Anyway, my goal was to lost the 30 and I am very close. I hope I can reach the goal in the next 6 days!!

I do eat ALL the vegetables I want that are on the list.

Save    
alva78

is hcg with b12 work the same? i just started today..and now got on this site hearing bout only hcg alone..does anyone no out there..and where can i order hcg shots..please help..i dont want to be wasting my money on hcg with b12 if its not as good as the hcg ive been reading about..please help..

Save    
pam4748

I just finished my 43rd day of the HCG diet. On my 40th day of completion, I had lost over 30 1/4 lbs.!!!! I am too thankful that I was able to found out about this diet.
Starting the 6weeks no carbs-no sugar. Then I would like to do it again.

Save    
mungatx

Hello everyone. So glad to meet people on the HCG diet. I am a 49 year old female who has yo yo dieted all my life. I quit smoking 3 years a go and started going through menopause (suspiciously at the same time!!!) When that happened I gained 13 lbs.. I know it isn't much but it has been impossible to lose.
I have tried Atkins, WW, and high protein diets as well as low fat and low calorie. I would lose 2 or 3 lbs and then nothing for 3 or 4 weeks... very discouraging. My thyroid is okay; I've had it checked.
Please understand.... my weight is all in my midsection, so I look like I swallowed a box. :)
My legs and arms are skinny so it looks strange. I read the Trudeau book and went to an open minded doctor in my town and I am now on day 7 of the diet. I am giving myself the injections in my thigh.
I am following Trudeau's diet to the "T" except that I hate tea (other than the usual Lipton iced tea). I looked at Simeon's diet and his looks much more appetizing because he allows oranges, 1 TB of milk and melba toast/bread-sticks. I am not comfortable with adding those items since I have had such a hard time of losing weight these three years. So I decided to stick to the more strict diet of Trudeau's. I did do some of the cleanses and herbs/vitamins he suggested in Part 1. Not religously. So here goes....

Day 1 and 2 on injections I ate what I wanted. (Now I wish I had pigged on pizza... I am tasting it in my dreams) lol
Day 3 I started the 500 calorie diet.
Day 4 down 2 lbs
Day 5 down 2.5 lbs
Day 6 1/2 lb weight GAIN!!!!!!
Day 7 1/2 lb weight loss.
And that is where I am .... day 7. I am loyal... I do not cheat. I bathe in city water and I shampoo my hair. I wear only a tiny amount of moisturizer on my face and use natural mineral makeup. I do eat beef, veal and chicken. I have only been able to find organic chicken and not organic beef, but I am eating the "natural beef" that has no hormones or antibiotics and that are grass fed most of the time and then before slaughter fed grain. It's the best I can do. I am eating the apple, the half grapefruit or the occasional strawberries (the fruit only twice a day). I am sticking to this confounded diet but I am starving and feel a little weak. Not as weak as I did when I dieted without HCG, but just a little. Mostly it is a feeling of lite depression...
Can anyone tell me if this is normal? the low feeling? the weight gain?
I am so hoping that I lose at least 1/2 lb tomorrow. I know if one has less to lose then one will not lose a lb a day. I understand that. But I don't want to be discouraged. I am doing the injections for 21 days and the diet for 24. (then I will do the low carb and I will work at doing that for at least 3 weeks)
Is it okay to gain and lose a 1/2 lb? Does anyone have similar experience? Please advise. I want to be my own cheerleader but it's difficult. I plan to stick it out no matter what. But still... I would like to know that it's not all for naught.
Also, I live in the US so I realize nearly all of the food we eat is full of chemicals and pesticides. I am doing my best at buying organic. I would say I am about 75% successful.
Thanks for any input you might have.

Save    
mungatx

awesome Glory!
(love your name by the way)
Thanks so much for commenting. I weighed this morning and it is the same...I have not lost or gained. I am thinking it is fluid also. I am drinking nearly a gallon of water a day.
I have a hope that maybe over the weekend I will see a significant drop of a pound or two. So you don't think an orange is a bad idea?
I am using an 100% organic "taco" seasoning on my beef...it has no salt nor msg. I use only a little but it tastes wonderful. It is called Tex-Mex rub by M&B Seasonings. I have made a soup out of it with the chicken and it almost tastes like tortilla soup but without the tortilla's, cheese and oil! (I am using organic sea salt). I don't drink the juice of the soup but just use a tiny bit of it to keep the chicken tender since I cook 4 pieces at a time.
I do want to say this about salt. I have always been a salt eater. I LOVE sweets but they are not my weakness... fried chicken is an example of my weakness. I did a diet once that called for absolutely no salt. I lost 7 lbs in 6 days. But I know that I must be realistic. I want to have a way of eating that is realistic. When we call people "the salt of the earth" it is for a reason... thus salt truly is the spice of life. I know in my heart of hearts that I will not be able to go without salt the rest of my life. I know that I will have to cut back on it also, but I don't want to go without forever. I want to lose this weight without eliminating salt. I hope that is possible.
Thank you for saying that about the lotions. I have dry skin so naturally I want to use something under my mineral makeup!
Perhaps I have been a bit too greedy; wanting greater results. It could be that if I had 20 lbs to lose I would lose weight more quickly. I am not measuring my BMI so your thoughts on this have given me hope.
I will not measure myself until the end of the diet but I can't help but feel excited even though there is not great evidence yet.
I do appreciate it so much.
I finally found some organic asparagus and boiled it last night. I don't care for it steamed because it tastes like rubber, but after boiling it I find it to be very tender and tasty. Being a city girl I have always eaten it in the past out of the can!!!!! I am thinking now that when it is all over with I will really make an effort at cooking organic; no matter what it is!
Your words have given me courage. Thank you.

Save    
katiepen

Mungatx
Way to go! It sounds like you're doing great! We women have to deal with a lot more fluctuation with water weight and I noticed that my weight does strange things at different times in my cycle. In the end it all averages out. Also because you were a yo yo dieter, as was I, you might have places that you lost some structural fat that your body is moving from your problem areas to where you need it, so even on days that you are not showing any loss the body is reshaping. That's one of the beautiful things about this diet.
I feel the same way about salt as you. As long as you are using sea salt and cutting down where possible it shouldn't cause any problems. And losing quick weight when cutting out salt is just an illusion anyway. It comes right back when you use salt again. Kevin Trudeau just suggests to keep your salt intake around the same each day.
I wouldn't suggest using any diet drugs to reduce your hunger. This really does go aganist the principles of this diet which is to bring balance to your body and drugs are toxic. Your hunger should start to get better each day now, the 1st week really is the hardest. If it doesn't I would take a look at your dosage of hcg. It seems that people on lower doses have more hunger issues. Also, tea helps so much. I didn't like tea either but it's amazing how you start to adjust to things. Have you tried the yerba mate? It truly grows on you. When I first tried it I didn't like it but now I couldn't live without it. Also if you like iced tea, which is the only way that I can drink regular tea, just make some with organic black tea and stevia for sweetner. I know that Kevin says to limit iced drinks but if this is the only way that you can drink tea then I think that is more important, it helps so much with the hunger.
Good Luck on your continued success!

Save    
mungatx

Thank you Katie.
I am not using any drug to stave off the hunger. My doctor had given me the PHEN a month before I went on this diet and I think it had adverse reactions... made me feel bad. So I got off of it. It worked at curbing my appetite for a few days and then poof it was no longer working.
I hope I lose some weight soon though. I will not give up!!!!
Thanks so much for the ideas about the teas. Maybe I should try it. My doctor's nurse curled her nose up at the Yerba so that is why I didn't buy it. lol
I would like to know about your own experience. Did you have days that you didn't lose? Several days in a row?

Thanks and good luck to you too.

Save    
mungatx

I'm in need of some help. I am usually adaptable to most web sites but I seem to be a bit lost in this one. I can go to the forum itself and see all of the diet messages with different topics but I cannot find the "daily support" which I assume is a chat room. Can someone direct me with DETAILED information? I would like to chat. I am needing someone's wisdom and experience with the HCG diet. Thanks a bunch. I've seen others leave their email and I'm not the world's most paranoid person but I feel that I should wait a bit before leaving it. Thanks for any help you can give me.
:)

Save    
katiepen

mungtax
yes, I had days that I didn't lose at all, sometimes 2-3 at a time, and then I'd have days that I lost 2 pounds so it all evens out in the end. The first time that I did this I lost 30 pounds in 5 weeks. This time I've lost 22 pounds in 5 weeks. I'm now in the 6 week period without the shots with no sugar and no starch and I'm not having any trouble maintaining and I'm eating well. I will resume the shots in 5 more weeks. I actually miss them, I like not being hungry.
How,s your hunger level going? I hope that it's getting better!

Save    
passionlove

Hello everyone,
I just started yesterday and I lost 2 pounds. The clinic I go to put me on an 800 calorie diet and I did not have to gorge. I hope this will work. Anyone else here do the 800 calorie diet? They also gave me the phen drug, but I chose not to use it and I am not too hungry. I am quite surprised asctually. I have been having a little bit of a headhache though. It is hard to cut out salt and caffiene.

Save    
mungatx

Congratulations Passion... for losing 2 lbs already. That's awesome.
I have not heard of doing the 800 calorie diet. A month before I started Phase 2 my doc put me on the Phen drug and it helped with appetite control but made me feel irritable so I stopped taking it. I don't like to take drugs of any kind because I am so sensitive to them. It is my understanding that the HCG diet does not promote the elimination of salt or caffeine from the diet. This must be why you have a headache. If I eliminate salt I lose at least 5 lbs alone but the moment I have salt again I gain it back. Have you considered allowing yourself moderate amts of salt and having your caffeine and waiting to see the "real" fat melt off? I just feel that the weight that will come off despite the salt and caffeine will be more realistic, but I may be wrong.
I lost 4lbs after I started the 500 calorie diet and I was eating salt and drinking 2 cups of java in the am.
good luck with your diet!
Katie, thanks for your inspiration!
:)

Save    
passionlove

Hello Katie,
Thanks for your comments and inspiration too.
I am a little worried, but will be calling the clinic. I allowed myelf a little salt and caffiene, but I still ended up having a major migraine with nausea yesterday. I have headaches that linger all day long and also chest pain. I'm not sure all of this is normal. Maybe it is also the lack of sugar and calories.
On the up side: I started the shots on the 3rd and lost 2 pounds by the next morning(4th) On the 5th I lost almost 2 pounds, and then this morning(6th) I lost 1 more pound. So that is a total of about 5 pounds in 3 days.

I'm also sensitive to many drugs and try to be careful when taking any. Good luck to you! Keep me posted. You can email me if you want.
Liza

Save    
katiepen

Hi Passionlove
Your headaches could be 2 pronged. One I'm sure is caffeine withdrawal which does perplex me as well because this diet does encourage the use of organic tea, especially yerba mate and green tea and I definately would not have been able to get through without them. Have you read Kevin Tudeau's book The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You To Know About? It reports on the original HCG protocol developed by Dr. Simeon that has been proven through the test of time and it sounds like your doctor is doing some form of modified form of the diet. It would be good to educate yourself about the protocol.
The 2nd reason is that you're detoxing and that's a good thing but not always pleasant. Colonics are also recommended to help your body detox. I also do coffee enemas because I can do them at home by myself, although I also do colonics periodically. When we have allowed so much toxins into our systems and then we want them out we need to help our body out so that we don't make ourselves very uncomfortable and sick. Saunas are also recommended and sea salt baths, all of these things will help you feel better faster. Good Luck! You're on the right track, I can't say enough about how much I love this protocol, it really works and will make you healthier then you've ever been!

Save    
gemma422

Hi everyone, I am really excited to learn more about this program. I really want to start but I don't know where to go and I dont want to get scammed. So please if anyone can give me a great website thats legit so I can get started I would really appreciate it. thank you..Gemma422

Save    
katiepen

I think that there is a difference between getting sick and getting headaches. Headaches are a normal detox reaction and anytime you drastically change your diet to something healthier you are going to detox. Do not quit the diet because of headaches, help your body detox. It's too bad ashley88 that your friend gave up so easily.
Gemma422 get the book by Kevin Trudeau The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You To Know About. Read it fully so that you understand the protocol fully. Then do a search for hcg forums. You will find many sources for the hcg that people have used successfully. You have to decide how you want to do it. If you want to do it through a doctor that is the most expensive route but a lot of people are most comfortable with that. If you are okay with self injecting (that's what I do) then there are cheaper ways to get the hcg through the mail and do it yourself. Either way it's so worth it! Good Luck!

Save    
starriot

Hi all!
I started HCG about two years ago, gave myself injections off and on for about 6 months and lost 65 pounds, I want to lose just 20 more pounds but the dr. I was buying the injections from charges too much. He gave me pre-measured needles 2 weeks worth at a time. Does any one know a way I could skip going to him and get the HCG from a type of place like where ever he gets it from for cheaper?

Save    
passionlove

Katiepen,
Thanks for your advice. The headaches were really bad(almost went to ER), but the 2nd week they cleared up. I am so glad!
I do own Trudeau's book and that is how I found out about this diet. I haven't lost as much as I wanted by using my clinics advice. Their 800 calorie diet also includes all kinds of foods, so I am now following the original 500 cal diet, and so far am having better results. Also, I get only 5 days of injections per week and was told to inject into my fat, like my stomach. Now I kinda wished I ordered it online.
My husband is supposed to go to the clinic also, but now I'm not sure what to do. The price isn't bad. It costs $130 for first visit which includes blood work and first week of shots. After that it is $35/week for the HCG. He wants to start asap and I know online orders can take a while. I'm also not sure if I'm comfortable with getting HCG from who knows where and what country. I know this website(http://www.drugdelivery.ca) is supposed to be good, but it takes too long. Does anyone know where I can buy HCG online and receive it quickly?
Thanks for your help!

Save    
katiepen

Hi Pasionlove
Do you know how many iu's your shots are. You should be doing at least 6 a week, Dr. Simeon said that you can skip 1 a week but not 2. Have you asked your doctor if you could get at least 1 more? The prices are not too bad but it does sound like your doctor is doing things that will make it take a lot longer to lose the weight, therefore more money. Have you asked your doctor if he would be willing to do the protocol according to the original Dr. Simeon's protocol so that you could continue with him and your husband would come as well. Maybe he would be flexible, it doesn't hurt to ask.
I'm really glad that your headaches are better!

Save    
passionlove

Well, I have asked them about doing the original protocol and they say that they use the 800 cal becuase it is the minimum calories known to be good for a person without being dangerous. They also said that the original protocol has been modified because they have made improvements to it and that the other protocol was written so long ago.
They only offer the HCG in 125U dosage. I was told that HCG will stay in your system for up tp 72 hours so there is no need for extra injections. I was actually hoping to lose all of my wait with the 2 months of injections, but it is not going the way I planned. I want to lose 40 lbs, and I see many people achieve this in 2 months. To go through all the phases again just for about 8 pounds would be a shame if you know what I mean. Right now it is the 6th day of my 2nd week and I have lost almost 4 pounds this week. Last week I lost 5. I wonder about this clinic. They have been around since like 1989 and have many locations. I would think that people see results, but maybe just enough to keep them coming.

Save    
katiepen

I'd love to know how much research this doctor has done, other then the money making kind. Dr. Simeon did years and years of specific research to the exact way for this diet to get the best results. 500 calories and the exact makeup of those calories has been proven for many years to work the best. It sure has worked for me and for so many others on all of the hcg forums that I have seen. A majority of the people do the Simeon's protocol with the 500 calories. The only exception being that most people use a higher dose of hcg 175iu-250iu to account for the changes in our food supply asnd the onslaught of chemicals in our food. I've also noticed that people who are on lower doses have a lot more problems with hunger.
Also each round of shots should not be more then 6 weeks and it is not recommended to lose more then 35 pounds in each round, so if you want to lose 40 then you will probably need to do 2 rounds. That's what I'm doing, I also wanted to lose 40, Ilost 22first round of 5 weeks and I'm in the 6 weeks of phase 3 before I will resume the shots in 2 more weeks. I also had the idea that I wanted to do it in 1 round but It's harder for women to lose as fast and it's really not a big deal, this phase has been great and I've had no trouble maintaining and I'm actually really excited to go back on the shots. Plus if you get to your goal weight after 21 shots then you can go right into phase 3.
Maybe for your husband he could start with this clinic, the bloodwork is a good idea and the cost is reasonable. In the meantime you could both follow the 500 calorie protocol with the shots from your doctor but order hcg and switch to that when it comes in. Just a thought.

Save    
passionlove

Well, I got my husband to join also. I'll be cooking, so 500 calories it is. We'll try the shots from the clinic for now, and then probably order some later.
Your doing great! Best of luck and thanks for the advice!

Save    
brittany98320

so i just heard about this diet and know a couple people that it worked on. i have about 40-50lbs to lose and it sounded perfect! i just dont know how to go about starting it. like where is the best place to get it, how much do i order, how much does it cost etc... any info would be great :) thanks :)

Save    
orchidgirrrl

"cafe latte" make a cup of coffee and put it in the fride. Then add one packet of splenda coffee mates (they come in a variety of flavors, my fav is the mocha) a packet of stevia, and ice then blend. Tastes great!

Save    
katiepen

Hi brittany98320
hcgdietinfo.com has a lot of good info. You can also do a search for hcg forums and a lot will come up. Also I highly recommend Kevin Trudeau's book The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About it's an easy read, I recommend reading it cover to cover before starting and the original manuscript by Dr. Simeon, you can get this online for free. It's very important that you understand how this diet works. It is very specific but it works. Good Luck!

Save    
momincolorado

I just started my 1st day of injection today. I'm doing the 200iu shots for 43 days. BTW, I ordered my hcg from drugdelivery.ca and it was shipped from India on 7/17 and delivered to my house on 8/2, which isn't too bad! I keep reading on this thread how some people are super hungry and I can't help but think they didn't read the Simeons protocol word for word about the 2-3 day gorging. I'm kinda glad there was some time between wanting to do the diet and in getting my meds, because maybe I would have rushed and skipped it? The protocol is EMPHATIC about the gorging, as it gets you through the first days when your body is reaching an optimal level of hcg in your blood to ward off hunger. Psychologically it is frustrating for sure! On a mental level, gorging myself means I'm potentially delaying my weight loss, right? Haven't I been waiting forever to lose the weight!? But, I'm giving it my best shot (Pardon the pun). I'm going to follow the instructions to the "T". It does distress me, though, to see so many people post about ways to cheat. The reason we're not supposed to drink diet soda or eat any sugar is because it interferes with the resetting of the hypothalamus, pure and simple. That's the whole idea with this diet. I did buy all organic chicken and grass-fed beef. Cost a fortune, but I'm eating only a half pound of it a day! I changed out my shampoo/conditioner/face soap...using coconut oil as a moisturizer (it's the only one allowed) and using mineral makeup only. Everything that I'm going to eat, drink or is going to come in contact with my body is organic and non-toxic. Also, as Kevin Trudeau points out, drinking WuLong tea, yerba mate tea and chamomile is extremely important. WuLong is great for insulin-resistance, something most of us with obesity probably have....yerba mate is great for releasing fat( and it has some caffeine--God bless!)..the chamomile is very calming and soothing to a frazzled out hypothalamus...which we're trying to heal! I found all three (organic)teas at Vitamin cottage. Found the WuLong there for $5 for 100 bags after I bought the online,expensive, $30 for 30 bags version. DOH!! I'll keep you all posted! GOOD LUCK!

Save    
momincolorado

And people, PLEASE! No Splenda, Nutrasweet, or any other form of aspartame. They are very bad for the hypothalamus and could really screw up your diet protocol. Use Stevia instead....it has no aftertaste and it's good for you---helps maintain healthy intestinal flora.

Save    
simba_2008

Hi momincolorado,

What dosage did you end up ordering on drugdelivery. I saw 5 different kinds and I have no idea what they mean when they say some is HUCOG or ORGANON? I wonder if one is for in the belly fat and the other is the muscle injection. HELP

there were the following choices:
10000 - HUcog
1500 - Organon
2000 - Hucog
5000 - Hucog
5000- Organon

I want to do the 200iu a day which do I order? Did you order the sterile water, viales and syringes on here too, if not then where should I go, will WalMart have it all?

Thanks everyone, please email me if you have suggestions or post it here!!
Terri
theresa_888@rocketmail.com

Save    
katiepen

Simba
Most people get the 5000 and Organon, that's what I got too. You need to get your mixing supplies online, there are some sources listed at hcgdietifo.com or just do a search. Good Luck!

Save    
momincolorado

Terri,
I bought 2000 iu, brand name Hucog. I bought 10 ampules, (for 200iu) since I will go on another round later this fall and I don't want to hassle with $30 shipping again! I read that Hucog and Organon come from the same manufacturer, regardless. The mixing supplies I bought from hcg supplies.com. I ended up buying the 43 day kit. It comes with everything. It was pricey, so next time I might buy my supplies from the local vet supply for cheap. Same stuff. I use the 1cc diabetic needles and alternate between my thighs and my belly fat. I can't tell the difference in weight loss. The packaging for the HCG says to do it intramuscularly, but you also have to keep in mind that it is marketed to infertility patients who take the whole dose at once. I've heard people say they've tried each method of injection with similar results. I've lost 7 pounds in 5 days, not too shabby! BTW, I think you can buy the diabetic needles at walmart, I used to get mine there when I had gestational diabetes with my son, but I can't remember if I had to have a prescription for them or not. Call the pharmacy and ask. Hope this helps! Write back if you have any other questions!

Save    
tsobenes

Hi everyone,

I have been reading from some of you that you have suffered from hunger, depression etc. Well you are not alone! I am a researcher by nature and did everything I was supposed to do in looking into this plan. I have both Simeons manuscript and Trudeus book, which I constantly refer back to. I went through a clinic who has support available but I am not feeling supported. I did my 2 days of loading and in all actuality for a week prior I ate pretty much anything I wanted. But I AM HUNGRY and there are no two ways about it. My story may be a little different because I have been a diet and exercise buff for about the last 6 years - two years after the birth of my 3rd child. I was VERY overweight but through diet and exercise I was able to do it and fell in love with it! I am strict 6 days a week and on the 7th day I allow myself to have anything and everything I want. It has allowed me to not only keep my weight off but also to continue to drop. I did however gain weight right before starting this obviously because I was eating anything and everything :)! I have lost 17 pounds in 13 days.

I would be done but my reasons for doing the HCG/Simeons protocol is to get rid of my cellulite and to target my problem areas which despite losing 17 pounds still need some focus. No amount of diet and exercise has been able to do this and I did not want to undergo surgery. I am however in dire need of my free day! Has anyone else out there gotten off track for a day? How much in terms of weight gain did it cost you? Also any experience on cellulite? Thanks for any info.

Save    
katiepen

When you go off for a day you will usually gain 1-2 pounds and then it will take 1-2 days for the weight loss to start again. This is really not the thing for you if you are wanting to still have your free day, it's counter productive to this protocol.
If you really want to get rid of that cellulite I would encourage you to hang in there for a couple more weeks and then make sure to do phase 3 without any cheating. Trust me I know from experience that if you do not complete phase 3 as stated then you will gain the weight back.

Save    
chasingstar

I just started the HCG this week. The first three days of gorging I thought I was going to throw up! I am very happy and content with the 500 calories, be it only the first day of this (I am looking at it as healthy not a restriction!). Also, please say "shed" weight not lose. If you lose something you want to find it!

I am not hungry at all and believe that has to do with drinking a lot. Hunger pains and a growling stomach can also be from thirst not just hunger. Now the questions: I notice that some are on KT's protocal, and some on Dr. Simeons. Recipes out there say you can use Bragg's aminos, KT's you cannot. KT's is a lot more boring and stringent. What are your experiences between the two?

One other note: I originally started this several months ago and mail ordered my HCG. My very close friend who works in a Dr's office came by this past weekend and looked at the info and serum and almost passed out! It was all WRONG! The serum was wrong, it was pre-loaded and shipped in plastic (apparently it degrades in plastic) and all the info was wrong and just the shipping would have damaged the serum. It was also not cheap!

She immediately gave me the new serum, which is what I am doing now. I have already dropped 2 lbs in 3 days. What a difference from the first go around! So please be careful where you get it from!!

Save    
momincolorado

Chasing Star,

What brand did you finally receive that was right? Also, what shipping method damages it?

Save    
ncalia

Hi there, I started HCG with doctor supervision on Monday, 8/18, after 2 days of high fat eating. I take the oral product called Releana 2Xs a day. I've lost 1 pound a day so far; however, today as the first day I did not loose anything. I think it might be related to not "expelling" -- any suggestions about that? Also, from reading all the posts, I was surprised to see comments about not using any oil based moisturizers? Is that critical? My doc never mentioned that. I'm on a strict 500 calorie and weight everything. Drink 2 liters of liquids. I am also concerned about the post that said no non-calorie sweeteners? I was using Stevia pretty frequently throughout my day; either to sweeten my tea, make fresh lemon water with Stevia or placed on my morning fruit? Any comments about that are appreciated.

My challenge is not hunger but I am quite tired (although it is allergy season here).

Thanks all and good luck to all of us!

Save    
katiepen

Hi ncalia
Stevia is fine, just no artificial sweetners. Almost everyone on this protocol uses Stevia with no problems.
As far as the expelling problem I use cascara sagrada which is an herb. It's very potent so start slowly, it works great for me.
And you are not supposed to use any oil based lotions or soaps or even to get any oils on your hands when cooking for others, this can interfere with your weight loss.

Save    
stickingtoit

Hello,
I started the hcg diet on aug 15 and as of this morning i have lost 16 pounds. Was just wondering if anybody has had trouble with nausea occasionally. Once or twice a day, i will feel nauseated. One of the times is usually in the morning; so, i've been eating one of my grissini breadsticks. It helps a little, and then after about an hour or so, and with drinking water and decaf coffee, I'll finally start feeling okay.

also, wanted to see if there is a consensus on the measuring of vegetables. I found one place where they say you are only supposed to measure the vegetables you eat by a handful as well, and so that is what I have been doing, eating a handful of onions, asparagus, celery, etc. However, i read in one of the posts on here where it says that you don't need to measure as long as we stick to the specific vegetables recommended. If that is so, that may explain some of my nausea problems as maybe i should be eating more vegetable calories?? I am starting as a morbidly obese person at 306 on a 5 feet 8 frame (now down to 290 thanks to Hcg!!) :-)

Save    
katiepen

I have found it a lifesaver to be generous with vegies such as cabbage, celery, and spinach. This has worked fine for me. I also saute my vegies with onion, no oil of course, and this works well for me too. Just be careful of any changes that you make and pay attention to how everything affects your weight loss. It's best to find the things that work best for you so that you can settle in for the long haul. A lot of people use hcg recipe books that seem to help them a lot. Check out hcgdietinfo.com, there are a lot of recipe books recommended in the forums. Good luck!

Save    
elekeoni

Is anybody there hving the same problem? im on 13th day. first week i lost 6 pds, after that 2 day no weigh lost, next day ony 0.5 pds, after no lost. Im eating green salads w protein no more than 5 oz, 2 meals and little fruit. i'm eating in he morning 1/2grape fruit. very discouraged. Any advised? im 5'2 151(started)i need to loose in 40 days 40 pds. Tks.

Save    
tvok40

I do not understand why you do not follow the protocol exactly. It was Dr Simeons most important requirement.
The foods he puts together work in unison and the amounts are 100 grams of whatever meat you use, 1 of his vegetables ,1 fruit and an optional 1 breadstick or 1/2 melba toast
I advise you to check the yahoo group forums and read Dr Simeon's "pounds and inches". Lastly shots are for lunatics I mixed my HCG with Dr Bachs flower remedy and take a couple drops sublingually twice a day. I had no hunger and have lost 23 1/2 lbs in 4 weeks not including the 3 lbs I ganied during the 2 day load phase.
This program works
good luck
good luck

Save    
lioness49

Can an apple be cooked in the microwave w/cinnamon and Stevia added after cooking? Will the cooking change the chemical reaction on the diet? Will I ever be able to have a cup of General Foods Cafe Francaise(has sugar)again??
Thanks for any answers to these questions!

Save    
deborac

Hi,
I started the protocol on Oct 10. It is now the 18th and I have lost 11 pounds. I am morbidly obese and in menopause. I am getting my injectable HCG from a semi-retired plastic surgon. The shots are a peice of cake (after the first one or 2). I did the 3 day binge. I think the real purpose of this is to make you just sick and tired of all that fat.
However, I am so hungry that I was wondering how many calories there was in my office carpet and what effect eating it would have on the protocol.
One thing I have tried to make the diet simple is to place measured neat in a tin foil square (I measure lots of portions at a time. I season each portion differently, seal the foil packet and place in the oven. When the meat is done i put all the packets in the freezer. now all I have to do is fill my gladware container with a hand full of greens, a frozen packet of meat and a 1/2 lemon(for salad gressing), throw it an apple and a melba toast into a lunc bag and I'm set fot the day.
Can anyone one tell me please why I can't use a decent anti-persperent? I hate the approved one.

Save    
pam4748

I have started the HCG 23 day phase for the Second time. I did do a successful stint beginning May and ended in June and I lost about 30 plus pounds and lots of inches. However I did exercise quite a bit and I kind of got off track after coming off the diet with exercising, so I have gained a few pounds back, probably close between 5-8lbs.
So I am in for a second time and I am only doing the 23 one which totals 26 days.
I have already gorged for 2 days and this is my 2nd day back on the diet. I have lost it looks like maybe 3-4 lbs already, so i am very happy. I wanted to get off more weight because I saw myself gaining it back because of no exercise and Plus, I ate anything I wanted after about 2 months. It maintained very well, but I started to see a little gain. This time, I will have lost close to 40 plus pounds. The weight truly did stay off pretty good. HCG does work. I am taking the injections. I did the 40 day protocol the first time and nothing has worked like this for me!!!

Save    
pam4748

Correction. I lost around 30-32 lbs the first time i went on the 40 day protocol. I am expecting to lost 15 plus this time hopefully. This would make my total of 45 lbs lost, hopefully, except for the few that I gained back. I am not gonna exercise vigoursly this time. Maybe 3 times a week for 30-60 minutes.

Save    
forrestcook

DO NOT order product HCG from NATIVE HEALING WAYS. In October of 2008 I decided to order a weight loss system which consisted of daily shots of HCG (human growth hormone). I had spoken with the Native Healing Ways in Nashville and confirmed that they DID use Dr. Simone's protocol as published in Kevin Trudeau's book, THE WEIGHT LOSS CURE THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT. I signed an agreement, faxed them my blood work and ordered
the product. It was supposed to be shipped Monday, October 6th via Express Mail (the product must be kept cold). The office didn't ship it out until that Friday and because it was a long week-end, the package
sat in the Post Office for THREE DAYS. I was very concerned about the integrity of the product, but Noka, the owner of Native Healing Ways, assured me that the product would be fine. I asked her how many IUs was in each syringe and she hemmed and hawed and then said that she had created her OWN program. I was upset and told her I wanted a refund because this was not what I thought I was getting. She became VERY angry and so I finally agreed to give the product a try. I did tape record one of our conversations in which she agreed to replace the product if it didn't work as promised (I was told I would lose a pound a day). I began the program which meant eating ONLY 500 calories a day and giving my self shots of the HCG for 5 days of the week, taking a break on Sat. and Sun. The first week I lost 9 lbs and was thrilled. But after that, I lost NO MORE WEIGHT nor did I lose any noticeable inches.
Noka told me she would mail me TWO FREE WEEKS of product (on November 3rd). I decided that I would use those two weeks worth and then just order from another source. WELLLLLL....today is THURSDAY and the product HAS NOT ARRIVED. I called Native Healing Ways and they said I would receive the order tomorrow and gave me the tracking number. I entered the tracking number in the USPS site and there were no results. I called Native healing ways AGAIN and was told by Noka, the owner, that her worker HAD JUST LEFT FOR THE POST OFFICE!! They had NOT mailed the package as promised and I am now in the position of not trusting them at ALL and if I don't receive the product ASAP I am not able to continue because I AM OUT OF PRODUCT as of Friday.

Save    
kat2walk

Is anyone using the HCG cream? The clinic I am planning to use prescribes that. Also, is there anyone in this group in their 70s? I am 74, want to lose 50 lbs, have had a stint in my heart and my gall bladder reomoved. I'd like to finish this earthly go around 10 - 20 years from now and be healthy and active all the way. I know these 50 lbs have to go and though I have been successful dieting in my life, right now I find it more difficult than ever -- mainly because I crave sweets and often have a ravenous appetite.

Save    
boopdedo_hotmail_com

So you guys have it all crazy it is a eazy diet to be on and I'm not hungry! Frist you eat 500 calories a day for women and 800 a day for men it's eazy to figure that out use your hand and measure one handful of fresh fruit and one of vegatables you can steam the vegs if you like or a little salad of them. Then measure 100grams of uncooked meat which is about 2.5 oz of cooked meat it must be very lean meat only no canned foods etc.. and no tuna or salmon to oily but all other sea foods and lean meats are ok ! this is lunch for breakfast the ultra lean shake and if and only if you are feeling hungry in the afternoon have a ultra lean shake for dinner the same set-up as lunch just eat a diffrent choice then you had at lunch for salad dress use only red wine vinegar and MCT oil mixture. the shot is for a six day use monday -thursday Friday off and sat and sunday on about 150cc take b12 this will help with energy this will not hurt the gallbaladder as I have a bad gallbaldder and a bad thyroid and it has helped them both allot I have a very slow system because of both of them and this is the only system that has helped me lose weight I ahve eatten the same foods for sometime because of the gallbaladder and I did not lose until I got the shots I go have a natural helath clinic give it to me once a week it's easier if they do it then it is one shot instead of 6 also take a vitimin and your omega 3-6-9 to make sure you are getting everything you need

Save    
veganzombie

I'm a little curious... I was looking into this diet, because I like so many, want to lose weight.

Am I the only one who knows that Kevin Trudeau was sued for fraud?

You can read what I did on the lovely ever so open encyclopedia on the web, wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau

I'm not saying these things to upset anyone, or to deter you from what's working, I just naturally take a skeptical stance on things before I try them... and hopefully this isn't deleted because I would like to try this diet if I had a little more to go on.

I will quote from wikipedias Kevin Trudeau's page:

Critics note that as early as 1962, the Journal of the American Medical Association warned against the Simeons Diet.[28] In 1976, the FTC ordered clinics and promoters of the Simeons Diet and hCG to cease making false claims about the effectiveness of hCG and its approval status by the FDA for weight loss.[29] Clinical research trials published by the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition[30] have shown that hCG is ineffective as a weight-loss aid.

Eating 500 calories a day would sum up a lot of this weight loss, considering you can burn 2000 laying in your bed all day.

And ketosis is absolutely horrible for you, which is why Atkins is such a failure... You're literally starving your 'brain'. People have gotten hurt from it, Atkins himself died. Afterwards of his death, did you notice the finnazz of Atkins dwindled off into nothing?

I'm simply a little skeptical, and if someone can offer me some sound proof of hCG working, and it simply not being 500 calories a day/Trudeau diet blanketing an Atkins diet, I'd love to hear!

Thanks for your time!

Save    
kathy_

Thank you Veganzombie!
I about fell off my chair when I read these posts.
I am stunned that people would order stuff to inject into their bodies, eat 500 calories a day and what the H** is the deal with oil free makeup? Can you use hand lotion?
Of course you are all losing weight! You are starving yourself. What you are losing is not just fat, it is muscle (and your heart is a muscle). Can you live with this the rest of your life? Or can you have a breadstick then?
You are screwing with your metabolism big time. Think about it.

Save    
momoboys

Hi, I also had a total hysterectomy last January. Over the last year I gained an additional 35#. I was feeling terrible about myself. The first thing I did for myself was I went to a Bio Identical Hormone Specialist. We were able to get all that straightened out within 2 months then I started the hCH protocol. In the 9 days that I have been taking the injections I have lost 10.4 pounds!! I now know that even after all of this I can lose weight, and you can too! Hope this helps, take care :)

Save    
okie918

Hello group......

I am wondering if zero calorie pasta is permissable on the hcg diet. Google konjac foods for the source. Google walden farms for zero calorie pasta sauce.

Ingredients........................Calories

3 grams shrimp................... . 110
9oz Angel Hair zero calorie pasta......0
Walden farms Marinari Sauce............0
or:
1/2 cup Classico tomato/basil sauce...50
Delicious and filling. Relieves hunger pangs for hours on end. This pasta has highest soluble fiber in the plant kingdom. Drink lots of water.

Save    
mnecmsez2me

Hi,
I just started the protocol on March 14 and am down 10 1/2 pounds already. I was just wondering if anyone else had lost weight on the load days as well. I lost 3/4 on first load day and 1/2 on second.

Save    
harold14370

I am relatively new to this forum, and don't know how it is moderated, or even if it is moderated. I think if it were up to me I would crack down on some of the quackery that's being advocated here.

Here is a link that might be useful: WebMD article on HCG diet

Save    
paldangum

Does anyone have the HCG Dieters Receipe Book?

Save    
francesca71

Okay, I am on Day 7 of the 500 cal eating. For the first 3 days (after load days) I was STARVING!!!!! I also am a baker so I get up at 3 and spend 8 hours rolling around in butter and sugar! So.....it gets better. On the 4th day I just stopped being hungry. I gave up my melba toasts and I have gone from 138.5-132.5! Yeah! This diet works. Follow it to the letter, including lotions and everything. The key will be the 72 hours at the end of 500 cal with no hcg. I do injections every morning and find them to be very effective. I also know 2 other women who have done this in my town, and kept it off. Very promising. Good luck

Save    
awes

Hey there! I started the protocol on March 18th, loaded for two days, end weight 189. I got my menses shortly after, stopped taking the sublingual for two days then started back again. I did the 500 calorie diet for the two days off of hcg then started up again afterward (total of two days off)Since being on the effective shots I am down to 177.0. The fat scale went from 41% fat to 39.1% on the Tanita scale during this time period. The problem is that I have been stuck at 177.2, 177.4, 177.0 and today I am between 176.8 and 177.0. I need to get past this point and its not happening. I have been between these numbers since Saturday and am wondering if this is an apple day?
I tend to eat later at night, so I can't weigh myself first thing in the morning. My doc told me to weigh myself 12 hrs after eating for the most effective read. So I ate at 10p, weigh in next day 10am. I don't use oils, accept a little bit of the cocunut oil mentioned in the protocol and I rarely hit the 500 calorie mark (I don't weigh veggies, just eye it at the single serving mark.)My water intake is usually at least 2 liters. Can someone give me some pointers as to how to push past this point. I wanted to be 170 by April 3rd and as of today, I am off of my mark.
Help!

Save    
harold14370

My advice would be to get off the fad quack diet, get under the care of a real medical doctor, and start to eat a healthy, balanced diet. But that's not the kind of advice you want to hear, is it?

Save    
awes

harold14370--*sigh*
Why bother to respond? This is a thread for HCG dieters, and I am asking someone on the diet for their advice. If I wanted general nutritional information I would have asked in a different forum. But I get it-- you want attention. So here it is: "I acknowledge you harold14370, Im sure I am the only one that does. Your life is probably filled with missed opportunities to be a public nuisance because you're afraid of getting your butt kicked... so you come into chat-rooms, sitting in the dark with your pants around your ankles- and take jabs at people who wouldn't spit on you if you were burning. Its your only method of communicating to the more civilized, mature outside world. So here you go! Take it and run..."

Save    
harold14370

Well, let's just call it tough love, Awes. I hate to see people throw away their money and ruin their health. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Save    
awes

Oh. So you're trying to help. Mkay, sorry for the mean response. Ive tried everything, and I am pretty healthy when it comes to diet and exercise...don't eat out, cook low fat recipes, I just have a tough time losing weight and always have. My doctor is actually the one who suggested that I do either lipotropic injections or this HCG diet. I have had great results, but you're right-- its expensive, and I feel tired and listless. But what am I going to do? Im not like normal people that can reduce caloric intake and jump on an exercise bike. If I could do that, then trust me... I wouldn't be doing this. This diet takes a lot more discipline than simple diet and exercise. This horse has been led to water through weight watchers, nutrisystem, jenny craig, adkins, the 6 week total body makeover, the cabbage soup diet, the cookie diet, xenadrin, south beach, zone, alli, hoodia with and without guarini, total body cleanse, candida cleanse, smooth moves, hell rough moves... NOTHING WORKS! And Ive drunk my fill and everyone's gotten PAID from my misery. Nothing to laugh or joke about, nothing to poke fun at, I am seeking support for the one last-ditch effort I am making... if you have real solutions, shoot them my way. Blanket statements of just exercise and diet are silly. Who HASN'T tried that?

Save    
harold14370

I'm surprised your doctor would prescribe something that has no clinical basis. No I'm not, those docs get paid well for writing those prescriptions. And apparently it's perfectly legal as long as the drug is FDA approved for anything whatsoever, not necessarily the condition he is treating. But, I think a second opinion may be in order.

You have tried all the fad diets and they all failed, but you think this one just might work?

Exercise and diet are what is recommended by probably 99 percent of responsible health care professionals. So I don't think it's fair to call it silly.

It must work for somebody, or else everybody in the world would be obese.

Here is a link that might be useful: HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid

Save    
mgsondance_hotmail_com

fatlosschronicles- i appreciate your attempt to be objective- but you also need to realize that all bodies are NOT the same. harold- you're just plain negative- and with a higher metabolism, less body fat to start with, plus testosterone- most guys can lose the weight they need to by giving up soda or an extra roll at dinner. this is NOT the case for women. so get off their case!

i have spent the last 10 weeks reading every post, every day, on a very active hcg site- and have read more stories than i can count of people losing weight and keeping it off. i'm also not oblivious to weight/health/medical issues- i've been a licensed physical therapist for over 30 yrs.

some people have medical/musculoskeletal problems that do not allow them to do much exercise, myself included. healthy eating alone does not address long-term weight issues. ANY reduction in calories, any method, is going to result in some loss of muscle- unless you're working out 6hrs a day like they are on the biggest loser. and anything other than a minor decrease in calories will lower metabolism- especially in women.

so if people are doing well on the hcg, leave them alone. i've tried so many different things over the past 20 years that putting a little money into hcg isn't a big deal. you take 200ie's a day, and a pregnant woman produces 30,000 ie's a day- no way it's not safe.

yes, it's better if you can combine it with some exercise, and that is recommended in the protocol. but with any other low calorie diet (including programs by my doctor, who is nationally known as a specialist in nutrition and alternative medicine), i started re-gaining the weight as soon as i began to eat normally again. this has not happened with the hcg.

as the saying goes, don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins....

Save    
harold14370

I just tend to believe all the different double blind clinical trials that showed hcg (1) does not suppress appetite (2) does not result in increased weight loss compared to just reducing calories, and (3) does not result in selective loss of weight from certain parts of the body as claimed. At least that's what I find when I research it on the internet. Against that, anecdotal evidence doesn't impress me that much.

Save    
weesasee

Hi all...was reading some of your posts about the breadsticks. I found them in a very obvious place here in Wisconsin. Since they are an Italian food, I found them in an Italian Deli. They come in plain, Rosemary, or other. They were in a huge package, about 3 dozen and cost about 4.39. Hope this helps lots of you. Good luck...oh ps...since 4/3, I am down 15 pounds!!!

Save    
peachesgeorgia

I just started the HCG diet. This is my third gorge day and it appears that I have gained weight. This is frustrating after reading that some of you lost weight. Can I alternate apples and the 500 calorie menu every other day?

Save    
lowcarber

I just started HCG on Friday, May 1st. I lost 3 pounds so far. I just weighed this morning after having to take Mag07 for the constipation and not losing any weight. PeachesGeorgia, I think gorge days should only be 2 days according to Dr. Simeons protocol.

Save    
buirdman

Hey I read through all the posts and i still need help. This is my first day on the calorie restriction after my two days of shots and gorging. I have a few important questions...one where can i find a reliable source to buy vials online and two, is there a online copy of Simens protocal. And can i still wash with soap and shampoo. And most importantly I heard there are some difference with men with the diet please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and I think I saw one post that said I can use slpenda in my coffeee????

Save    
sarasotawendy

Hello there. I just started with the HCG this Monday. I am excited to be losing this unwanted weight.

My questions is - I am on HCG but got it from a medical weightloss doctor at Transformations. They didnt say to eat all you wanted for the first couple of days like the doc on-line says. Their info told me that I can only eat something that was less than a gram of fat and less than 100 calories per serving. The only real thing I am missing so far is my occasional wine and a beer.

Will this totally make it not work or would it be ok to have just a glass or two?? Also any suggestions on the lowest calories / fat / carb alcholol beverages. Sorry for the spelling i am typing fast.

I am hoping to lose about 60 lbs.

Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated !

Save    
awes

Hello All!
I have been on the hcg diet since March 20th. I did the sublingual and even posted in here on April 1st that I had plateaued at 177 pounds. I got through it and by April 15th weighed 168. My start weight was 189 pounds. For three weeks afterward (more like 3.5 weeks) I followed the atkins diet, no carbs whatsoever and maintained my weight loss. I even went down one pound! I had a little of the sublingual left over and I began my second round on March 10th. I loaded for two days on the sublingual and gained a staggering 8 pounds. I was depressed, mortified... All of that hard work just to see the scale go back to 175! But boy did I pack on the calories and fat. I ate it all. Pizzas, greasy steaks loaded with cheese, a whole bottle of Baileys Irish cream, ice cream, donuts, pound cakes. I almost made myself sick. But I realize from round one, how important these two days are. I did a short round my first time around... 26 days in total I think... or something like that. I didn't load that much, or take those days too seriously. The hunger pains began two weeks into it, and I figured it was due to my poor loading days. Think of your load days like a bear that must eat all he must before hibernation. Hisbody knows he won't wake for a few months, so he will need to have enough foods to burn during this process. That is what we are doing, eating all that we can so that the body can rely on its own fat supply to supplement the diet.
I had one dilemma, the hcg was weak and I could tell. Before when I took the sublingual I could feel a rush go over my entire body. THis time, no such rush. I contacted my diet coach and he told me that it was probably very weak or expired so I had to order more hcg. This time I decided to order the injections--yikes! I was so scared until I actually did them, and it is so easy and so much better than holding that stuff under your tongue for 20 minutes (you can hold for less time, but I wanted to ensure absorption.) Now I know instantaneously when it is working, I can feel it coursing through my body as soon as I inject.
Today, May 16th I am back down to 167.0 I have 22 pounds to lose in a 40 day cycle of injections at .25ccs per day. I received 10,000 units in two separate bottles, one for now, one later.
I notice some folks doing odd variations of this diet... the above poster mentioned one gram of fat and 100 calories per serving?? That is NOT Simeons protocol. And alcoholic beverages? On the HCG PROTOCOL? That is a no-no. This diet is strict and sensitive to ANY deviations. You can't even use oil on your skin its so sensitive! You can't even eat broccoli on the protocol, as harmless and healthy as it seems to be. Simeon states that those who try to make substitutions, even sensable ones, like exchanging an apple for a serving of blueberries, will NOT lose the same amount of weight at the same rate he states, which is 1 pound, or for women, .5 pounds per day.
If you REALLY want this diet to work, only eat what the Protocol states, don't use lotion or oils... and any diet clinic asking you to do otherwise is only trying to slow down the intended weight loss to extend your visits, to prolong the cash flow!
This diet is so restrictive that not following it to the letter will only prolong the process which defeats the purpose. If you're going to spend a year doing this and you only have say 50 or 60 pounds to lose, might as well do weight watchers or something. This diet is for those disciplined enough to take the weight off QUICKLY... and to keep it off. My tastes have changed. I actually like not cooking with oil, I actually like kosher salt and pepper instead of seasoning salt, now. I drink more water because I have been programmed to through this diet. And I am never hungry. I sometimes skip portions of the meal just to get eating over with... I rarely eat the grissino bread sticks and sometimes will skip a serving of fruit... which Simeons says is normal.
Good luck, the best tip anyone can give you is to read the Simeons Protocol "pounds and inches." Follow it precisely.

Save    
ambers170

I understand that a short round consist of 23 days, but are there side effects or something if your round is only 14 days??

Save    
madrid116

hi everyone! I just started the HCG diet and have been feeling a bit hungry but, I'm sure it's just normal at the beginning. I had some questions about cosmetics. Can you use petroleum jelly? Some places say yes, and some say no. Not sure who to believe! What do you use for shampoo/conditioner, hair gel/mousse, deodorant, facial moisturizer, etc.? Can we use products that read "oil-free"? Thanks for all your help!

Save    
awes

Ijust wanted everyone to know that I am down to 162--I had to stop because I got my TOM and it was extra heavy and long (due to hcg injections) so I took a whole 7 day break... but Im back on and have discovered something that everyone doing this diet must Must MUST own... Kojac MIRACLE NOODLES. Since taking and eating these noodles which are no calories, no fat, 2.5g of fiber and 2.5 g of carbs, I remain full throughout the day and am able to feel like I am eating a real serving of food! They are INCREDIBLE. They taste like whatever you season them with and they have a similar consistency of real-calorie-filled noodles! I have been losing the one pound per day and super happy to have these noodles! Go to www.miraclenoodles.com to check them. Even though Simeons doesn't mention them (how could he, he didn't know about them) they are a must have.
All the best!

Save    
meagain1

Hi guys. I'm starting the diet part tomorrow. I already have a few questions, but I'll be reading this whole thread first. I have about 40 I'd like to lose so I'll be doing the long version. It would be nice to get it all done in this round but I'm a bit worried I'll last the 40 days let alone lose 40 pounds. I understand I have to wait 6 weeks, then start again.

I'll be back here tomorrow and I HOPE I'll have some buddy company. :)

Save    
hagrzyb

I am on day 31 of the diet and have lost 23 lbs! My husband has lost over 30! I have kept to the 500 calories and have not been hungry until now, starting my period, so I'm sure that is it. I am happy to hear some of you eat all the vegis you want, I may need to try that.
One thing that I have not read much about in the posts is the 5-6 apple day. Several times when I have stopped losing throughout the diet (I only go 2 days without losing or only losing 1/2 lb) then I will do a 5 apple day, all you eat all day is apples and that kick starts me back to losing, in fact the morning after doing the apple day I usually will have lost 2 lbs and caught up to where I should be.
It's great to have this support from others in the diet! Good luck everyone!

Save    
kp3tn

I'm on day 34 of the HCG diet, using injections. For those of you who are new, know that the first week is tough. I did not load properly, so if you're at that stage, eat everything in sight and then some. I will do a second round later this summer and will plan ahead to have enough food on hand to eat and eat and eat. Once I got through week 1, the hunger subsided and it's become relatively easy. I've lost 1/2 pounds per day. I have plateaued a few times and did not use the 5 apple day to move past it, but will if I get stuck again. This morning I was the same weight as yesterday. If tomorrow is the same, I'll use the 5 apple day. With one week left, I'd like to get another 4-5 pounds off to finish this round at 23 pounds.

As to lotions, oil-frees, etc. I found Clean and Clear SOFT Oil-Free Night Moisturizer to be the best for face, hands and body. I tried Corn Huskers lotion. It qualifies, but I'm bothered by odors and it was too strong a scent for me. Baby oil is also allowed, but it's too greasy for daytime use. I have a problem finding the Night Cream, but ordered it at Drugstore.com. I also use Clean and Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser - Oil Free as a face and body wash. I was used to using heavily oiled body washes and Ivory soap and Dial soap was uncomfortable to use. I also like the Crystal deoderant. It's a roll-on which is very much out of style these days, but it works very well and I'll probably keep using it since it's a more natural product. I use the Clarifying oil free shampoo and condtioner and a Frizz-ese Curly Gel on my hair. Mineral foundations do not contain lanolin, so it's ok to use too.

This has truly been an easy way to lose weight quickly (except for that first week.) I spread my food out over the entire day. I'll have a few bites around 11:00 and eat a few bites every 2 hours or so and I'm not hungry. I even spent a day on the road for work and just took lunch and dinner along and nibbled. I've found that sparkling water is a nice variation and iced tea with Nutria, a Stevia product, with the allowed lemon is a nice change too.

If you do decide to eat steak and need to cut off any fat, make sure you wear rubber gloves so as not to absorb any fat through your skin. I didn't and gained 1.5 pounds. Nail polish remover also contains oils, so avoid it too.

Save    
kp3tn

I just read further up the blog and want to respond to the negative comments about this diet.

I used Atkins 10 years ago, along with heavy exercise. I did lose weight and was able to maintain muscle because of the exercise, both cardio and weight training. But all during that 9 month period, I never felt as "light" as I do now. And maintaining the weight loss was difficult since Atkins is so restrictive.

I realize that this is restrictive right now too, but a reset in metabolism will help control that as well as a routine of weighing every day. Plus I'm much more aware of what I'm eating as a result of weighing food and watching labels. I looked at a recipe yesterday for an easy Key Lime Pie. 660 calories per slice!!! I won't be making that pie when I can eat regularly again. What a waste of calories!

I can't believe that a blind test would show this diet not working. Two of my friends and I are doing this together and we've all had success and we're all different sized women. The rolls of fat on my back are almost gone. My watch and rings no longer fit. All in 34 days. And my strength is still in tact without all the heavy exercise. In fact, I have had to slow down my Zumba classes because the hard packed cardio makes me plateau out. So until my 40 day protocol is over, I'm cutting back on the exercise. After that, it will be back to the gym, lighter and healthier.

Save    
harold14370

k3ptn,

The double blind tests did not show the diet not working. If you put yourself on a 500 calorie diet, you will lose weight and lots of it. What the tests showed was that the HCG did nothing it was claimed to do.

If you feel the HCG curbed your appetite, that's fine. There is such a thing as the placebo effect.

Counting calories is a good idea. You don't need to inject hormones to do that.

"Reset" your metabolism? I doubt that. I doubt that very much.

Save    
kp3tn

Harold14370,
I understand placebo, but I don't believe it happens for 3 separate women in 3 locations who started the plan at different times. 500 calories is starvation mode. Anything under 800 is. Have you used the diet? If not, then the success of others speaks for itself. The HCG does more than just curb appetite. It allows me to continue with a highly stressful career on top of multiple hours of volunteer work each week without missing a beat. I experienced enough forgetful, lightheaded, weakened moments during menopause to realize what effect this diet, with calorie counting alone, would do to me. My mind is clear. My energy level is higher than before, with less exercise. As to resetting my metabolism, time will tell. And I'll be back to report on it.

Save    
meagain1

Harold - I'm on day two of the 500 calorie diet and have to agree with you.
UNLESS the HCG does indeed stave hunger. IDK. Perhaps one just gets used to the smaller quantity of food after a bit and that's what it is.

There are many oddities about this that I just can't accept. I.e.; touching oily things or oils, etc. in hair conditioners, or facial moisturizers. I just don't buy it. I mean, really is my shampoo/conditioner running down my back going to absorb into my system/bloodstream? Heck no.

Why can I have Strawberries but not Blueberries? Asparagus but no broccoli?
Why is it 100 grams of meat vs. calories of that protein? 100 grams of sea bass is certainly different than lean ground beef. Turkey isn't on the list and I read the one's who follow Dr. S religiously don't do turkey. Why? What's wrong with white meat Turkey?

What REALLY gets me is - Saccharin is in the original plan. I have seen posts on boards admonishing people because they used Splenda. Saccharin is more healthful than Splenda? Uh..... It's nonsensical.

Not to diss anyone doing this hard core, but it's just my nature to examine things and there's SO many things jumping out that belie common sense. And also ignores this was developed over half a century ago. Was there even diet soda back then?

Why am I doing this? :) Because I've let myself go and the party's over. I thrive on regimented diets. I had access to the HCG anyway so I'm trying it.

Save    
hadleykw_gmail_com

I was wondering if anybody has had experience and knowledge of how many carbs per day are OK to eat after the diet is over. I am 10 days away from finishing my first 40 day round (incredible results thus far 33 lbs and counting!!) and I am concerned what to eat after the 3 day 500 calorie period is over. I have read the whole protocol 3 or 4 times and cannot figure out what is safe. I know that I must stay away from refined sugars and carbs. What about low carb bread, tortilla etc...? I have also never used Xylitol. Is this a safe sugar alternative. I was planning on following an Atkins like diet for three to four weeks and then resuming an exercise routine and healthy diet. Does this sound like a good plan? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Save    
ginalonzo_gmail_com

I am starting mine tomorrow. I have a friend who has had great results and figured why not try it. I ordered mine from the same place she did, www.officialhcgdietplan.com, all orders are shipped overnight, so you have it the next day if you place it by a certain time the day before. I'm excited to see how it goes. If it goes well I will have many more trying it out.

Save    
stratman397_aol_com

I only buy homeopathic, and believe me, they work just as good(or the ones I bought) as the real hcg(infact, had better results with mine than 2 women using the "real"stuff. Anyway, if you cheat while on p2, you do stall out for at least 3 days usually. I also eat shrimp and never had a problem with lack of energry from it. I think lack of energy is honestly from only eating 500 calories

Save    
antdefranco_yahoo_com

Hi,
I am on my second round. I began loading for the last two days on a batch of sublingual solution I had refrigerated from my first round. The liquid had been stored in my fridge in a brown glass bottle(away from light) for 3 months. Today I was due to begin the low calorie portion of the diet when I read that hcg only lasts a maximum of thirty days when mixed in a solution. I tested it with a home pregnancy test to determine whether I received any of the hormone during my last two days of loading. The test
showed a slow, light-colored positive result for hcg. I decided to load for another day and mix up a new batch to make sure I had enoug fat and hcg circulating throughout my system to avoid hunger and possibly not losing weight right away.

My question is: will the third loading day affect my weight loss results
adversely? Will this slow my weight loss by adding an extra load day? I
am on the 23 day protocol this time. I have loaded pretty well focusing the majority of my calories from fats and some carbs.

Thank you so much. I want to have confidence in my decision. I hope I made the right choice.

Antoinette

Save    
mkkimmen_yahoo_com

What is the serving size for the fruits and veggies allowed?

Save    
kharrington1987_gmail_com

I started the diet on March 3, 2011 and I don't think I loaded enough on the loading days. Friday was the first day I was on the 500 calorie diet and I probably got 300. I am a vegan so my meat sources are low in calorie. Today March 7 I uped the meat intake to about 40 grams which is way over 5oz. I was confusing on whether I should be following ounces or grams. Since I cheated Friday I did wake up weighing more but I followed the diet straight through on Saturday and I woke up SUnday losing a total of 2.6 pounds in one day. That was amazing. I feel much better but I don't look the way I feel. I am shooting for an extreme weight lost of 30 pouunds on this diet. Today I think I may work out but I know I am supposed to take it easy.

Save    
tragichip_aol_com

i only did 1and 3/4 day with no shot and went into maintance did i mess up , the diet ,

Save    
lbueno_tecolote_com

Alexis can you or anyone else reading, please tell me where you buy the real HCG drops? I am completing my first 23 day round and have been using Homeopathic Drops. My weight loss has been very slow (I'm on day 18 of the 500 cal diet and have only lost 6.4 pounds) but I'm only about 12 pounds from my goal. I would really like to try the real drops on my next round to see if I have better results. THANKS!!

Save    
mattholman61_sbcglobal_net

I started Monday and am on day 4 I have lost almost 4lbs. I am a male and started at 215lbs and I want to get down to around 195 or maybe 190. I am following the Dr. Simeons 500 calorie a day plan and am weighing food and eating when and what the plan tells me. I take the drops as instructed and follow the plan. I also got some dark chocolate covered rasberries with my kit and it says I can have 3 a day, but usually only eat 1 or 2. I was really hungry the first day and a little the second day, but now I am okay I think most of the hunger is just being used to eating anything I wanted for years lol. I do have a slight headache most of the day everyday. 2 Advil will take care of it, but it does return within 3 to 4 hours. Some of the blogs I have read say the headaches will go away and that they are carb withdrawl headaches. I did eat many, many carbs for the last few years so I am hoping what I read is true. I see people on here that have lost 10 pounds in a week and some who have lost only 5 so I guess we just chalk it up as every body is different and usually the heavier you are the more weight you will lose at least thats my belief.In closing good luck to everyone!

Save    
homeakr04_comcast_net

Started this diet on April 9th hoping and planning to stick with it. Really need some weight off. Have 2 kids and some health problems limiting exercise. Taking meds for health problems is there any interactions from this hcg that any one knows of. Using the hcg platinum drops from gnc. Has anyone used this product? Any advice? Motivated but have a limit on willpower. Already everyone who knows are saying I will fail. Thank you for listening. Live near Knoxville tn does anyone know of a clinic here that gives the shops?

Save    
dambral~NOSPAM~_hotmail_com

I'm on my second round of the diet. Lost 30# on the first round, I'm down 20# on the second round with another week to go. All my blood work was in the normal range after the first round, quite a change for me, and I'm feeling better in the second round. I'm 5'10" and 50, I went from 260 to 210, size 42 pants to a 36, size 48 suit to a 42. I'll never go back to the way I was. Two pieces of advice for the followers of this thread: 1) do it the way Dr. Simeon says, use the shots, follow his protocol closely; and 2) don't cheat, get the best result for the effort you're putting in, don't think of it as a diet, think of it as an intervention. Best of luck, it's not easy, but it's worth it!!!

Save    
jc5162_aol_com

I started on the sublingual hcg drops 6 days ago. I am using the HCG Fusion. I purchased from my local alternative health store. I binged for the first two days, so I have only been on the 500 calorie a day diet for 4 full days. I have already lost 8 pounds! It is great to start shedding the pounds quickly (even if its only fluid) because it really encourages you to keep going. I have not been hungry on the diet. It is working well for me and I look forward to shedding even more pounds!

Save    
Roxygal236_aol_com

Hi everyone! I'm new here and just looking for a "support" system for this little adventure... :). So far so good! Had fun on P1 and only gained about 2 lbs all said & done... Starting P1 today and so far lost 1.2 lbs since I woke up this morning (about 2.5 hours ago)!!! Hope this will keep up!!! :D Congrats to everyone who is doing this diet and best of luck to everyone!!!

Save    
charlirae1_aol_com

hello i just started yesterday on my 2nd loading day. i have to work this weekend so thought that would help me to not eat tooo many calories ( i don't get alot of time to eat when I work) so it will be easy until monday. I was wondering if anyone ate more than the recommended 500 calories or would it still work with 800 calories. please message me and let me know.

Save    
kriskin_zagmail_gonzaga_edu

I am on day 4 of the HCG diet and I'm taking HCG orally by dropping it under my tongue. I'm a little confused on the direction of my diet plan. Am I allowed to eat lunch and dinner? It says 4 oz and a salad for lunch and dinner, so i'm unsure if this is one time a day, or two. Help!

Save    
amaralvania_hotmail_com

New to this post.. I started HCG drops 6 days ago and have lost 7.0 lbs.. today , no weight loss ...Bought some Stevia for black coffee to see if this helps my body get things moving .. Anyone know a quick cure for constipation on this diet ? has been 3 days for me ... ouch !

Save    
summerwest1978

hi to everyone..i hope you could help me. i am planning to start my hcg diet next week. but i am currently working as a cleaner (cleaning a school for 5 hours, 5 times a week). i don't lift heavy things but just to clean the school. i live in the countryside (somewhere in europe) and doesnt know how to drive. so i have to do biking/bicycling 8 kilometers everyday:D i am using an electric bicycle so it doesn't make me feel too tired when i'm biking.
i just want to know if it's okay for me to do the HCG diet?
thank you in advance:)

Save