Please Help a GW friend in need?

leahcate

Sorry for the oblique title, but not sure how to ask this. I want a new computer and not sure where to get advice. Hoping you all will have some info or will be able to direct to another site. I want my own computer. Our shared one uses windows 7 and MS Office. It is not friendly for much I want to do.... storing folders and playing with pics,and seems to offer waaay more than I need, and thus gets confusingly frustrating. Of course, I am impatient and have very little left brain. :>/ Have heard that Apple is much more user friendly.?? If I stay with MS, is there a way to make it simpler, offering less options for where to store things, etc. etc.? TIA.... Big Time!!!

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

Go to the Computer forum. There is alot of help here, or Kitchen Table. Mac seems to be easier to understand. Are their any places in your area, like HS or college that you can take classes. Many areas have adult classes, and even the local libraries have classes. You can ask at places like Staples, BUT, they will try to sell you anything. Informaton first, then buy
Good luck
M.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leahcate

thank you, marie. I see this is not the correct forum and 'computer forum' is where I need to ask such things...thanks again!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Edible Gardens An Edible Cottage Garden With a Pleasing Symmetry
The owners of this cottage garden in Australia grow vegetables, herbs and fruit to delight their family and friends
Full Story
Home Offices Quiet, Please! How to Cut Noise Pollution at Home
Leaf blowers, trucks or noisy neighbors driving you berserk? These sound-reduction strategies can help you hush things up
Full Story
Houzz Tours My Houzz: A Circle of Friends Turns a Dallas House Into a Home
Homeowners enlist help from friends to remodel, build an addition and decorate their home
Full Story
We design, build and renovate in the most exquisite of fashions. Our team of revolutionaries is dedicated to... Read More
At Urban Upkeep, we will work with you on design, pricing & scheduling for your project. We are interested in... Read More