Napkin, printer question?

older

Can names be printed on paper napkins, using a Lexmark 5100

4 in one printer. thanks older

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jillzey

I don't think I'd want to try it. Be afraid the napkin would jam in the printer or if it's 2 ply, would come apart. Might depend on the quality of the napkin. Not familiar with your printer but I don't think my HP PhotoSmart P1000 would pull a napkin. Imprinting on napkins is usually done with a foil heat stamp machine.

How about getting a rubber stamp made, they have inkpads in all kinds of colors now.

If you get brave and it works in the printer, let us know.

Jill

Save    
older

I was hoping it would work, but will get a stamp. thanks older

Save    
Red_Confetti

Before you stock up on blank napkins and rubber stamps, Older, give one ot two a try. You may find that the napkin material is so porous that the ink will bleed and blur your picture. And be sure to put something behind the one layer you want the print on as the ink may bleed through to the layers below.

Save    
gramcraft

Why not try ironing it on freezer paper like you would for muslin. the only problem I can think of would be placement of your writing as the napkin would be a smaller size than the 8.5x11.

Save    
Gramof3

Try using removable tape and taping it to a regular sheet of paper. I run the paper through the printer, then tape the napkin over the exact spot that your pictures or words are. Be sure to not tape too close to the edge.

Save    
Red_Confetti

Did you get your napkins printed, Older? Just curious if any of the suggested methods worked for you :^) .

Save    
epcheal

I have the same question & i want to know its answer. Can anyone help me to know the answer?

Save    
User

Use tack spray and spray it on card stock. Press the napkin or tissue paper on it and print just like usual. Remove the tissue paper from the card stock and you're done.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Organizing Pre-Storage Checklist: 10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Store
Wait, stop. Do you really need to keep that item you’re about to put into storage?
Full Story
Home Tech 3 Kitchen Contraptions You Won’t Believe
Pizza hot from the printer, anyone? These cooking gadgets harness imagination and high tech — and have price tags to match
Full Story
Traditional Style Decorating With Antiques: Luxurious Linens
Bring quality, comfort and a sense of old-world romance to your rooms with vintage tablecloths, sheets, napkins and more
Full Story
Dream Baths is a complete design-build-remodel firm located in the Historical German Village area of downtown... Read More
Scott Davidson founded Davidson Builders in 1998. Scott graduated from Michigan State with a BS in Construction... Read More