Calibrating printer before using Avery software

schoolhouse_gw

Trying to print note cards (#8315)on my printer, downloaded the free Avery Design Pro. I need to calibrate my printer - it says, in order for the images to be centered on the template (or 8315 note card sheets). I don't understand the directions at all! I've folded the calibration paper correctly, but can not understand which numbers they want off the graphs.

Anybody familiar with this? What's the secret?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

Did you contact Avery? I had a problem with one of my templates and they helped me out. They seem to have a good support system.

Save    
deb_pa

After you fold your paper, let's say vertically. See where the crease in the paper falls on the numbered graph. My vertical crease falls on one notch below the center square figure so on the vertical box in the calibrate printer window I typed -1 Below box are minus numbers, above are the + numbers. Where ever your paper crease fell that's the number you put in. Luckily my horizontal was creased right at the center, so I put nothing in that box. I use all Avery products and print postcards and labels without any problems. I do a check first before printing good copy by using plain paper and Draft printing choice first. Hold the test printed page over the card stock and see if each card or label lines up before using the good stock and Best printing ink option.

Save    
toysmall

I also want to know.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Events Don't Throw Away Another Household Item Before Reading This
Repair Cafe events around the world enlist savvy volunteers to fix broken lamps, bicycles, electronics, small appliances, clothing and more
Full Story
Home Tech Pro-Quality Manufacturing at Home? There's an App for That
Take your home workshop into the future of design with 3D printers and app-driven tools
Full Story
Design Practice Design Practice: Start-up Costs for Architects and Designers
How much cash does it take to open a design company? When you use free tools and services, it’s less than you might think
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever